still free drinks at past guest party?

MISSSNOOPYGIRL

Yes, and also at the new party the last night. Enjoy!

I wonder why people complain about the lack of free drinks for the captains party, but dont mention they are still getting $1 off plus an hour of free drinks at the farewell party in exchange, so they havent lost anything.

Seems to me folks are trying hard to put negative slants on things lately.

Forgive me if this has been covered, I've been away for a while. I just read that free drinks are no longer given at the captain's party. Are they still given out at the past guest party?

There aren't free cocktails available at the Captain's Reception any longer but a $1/drink discount is offered at all of the bars on the Promenade Deck for a period of three hours.

The Past Guest Party remains as it always has been, free drinks for an hour during the party.

There's a new Fun Farewell party on the last day of the cruise and free drinks are offered for that event, as well.

:)

I wonder why people complain about the lack of free drinks for the captains party, but dont mention they are still getting $1 off plus an hour of free drinks at the farewell party in exchange, so they havent lost anything.

Totaly agree, Nothing has been lost. Still have 2 nights of free drinks plus one of discounted. Some folks really need to get over it and move on.

It's actually a better deal than we had before.

I think that a lot of it is that people are opposed to change... I'm one. I'm not a fan of the Your Time dining thingy but as long as I can have traditional dining I'm a happy camper...

But the kicker is that drink prices have increased Oct 1st. So while you are getting a $1 off for 3 hours, you are paying a higher price for drinks the remainder of the cruise.

$7.25 for frozen drinks

$8.75 for Long Island Ice Tea and Mojito

$1.95 for soft drinks

$8.95 for martinis

Prices before 15% grats added.

Dave

I very rarely (maybe once in 8 cruises) went to the Captain's reception - seemed to be an inconvenient time. I remember it as being rather foolish and the drinks some of the strangest I've seen... Who drinks these except at the "party"...

Always make the past guest... am early, order 2 drinks for me and the wife from the severs, try the equally strange food being passed around and leave.

The drinks are STRONG!

Look forward to the last night free drinks... although the last couple of cruises I'm about "drank" out by then:D

It's actually a better deal than we had before.

I think that a lot of it is that people are opposed to change... I'm one. I'm not a fan of the Your Time dining thingy but as long as I can have traditional dining I'm a happy camper...

Every time someone mentions no more free drinks at the Captains Party, someone else mentions the free drinks at the new Farewell Party. I admit I missed it the first week, only got to the last few minutes of the 2nd time, so it will take some getting used to in order to remember to look for it ..

I just dont understand how you can be aware of the no more free drinks at the Captains Party and not be aware that the party was replaced with another one ... selective negative reading ... seems to be a lot of it lately.

I dont cruise for the free drinks at the partys, so I guess thats why its not a huge deal to me. If I wanted a drink, Id just pay for it.

Personally I think I like the idea of the $1 off as that will allow me to order a drink I like at a discount. I never really cared for the drinks they brought around as they weren't anything I would normally order. So at least now I can order what I want and get a small discount.

At the Triumph last week the capt's "party" was over a three hour period for both seatings.

Farewell party is for one hour for both seatings so Carnival seems like they will give away less drinks this way.

Good for us stockholders I guess but would prefer the old way.

What I like about the new Captain's Celebration is that an individual can actually have a chat with the Captain, Officiers, CD, ACD, Entertainment Staff for 3 hours...instead of just a handshake.

And (as already posted) you still get free drinks at the Farewell party.....:D

Personally I think I like the idea of the $1 off as that will allow me to order a drink I like at a discount. I never really cared for the drinks they brought around as they weren't anything I would normally order. So at least now I can order what I want and get a small discount.

I'm with you. Our last cruise on the Pride, it was hard to get one drink let alone two and I am not a fan of whiskey sours. I rather order what I want at a discounted price.

I'm with you. Our last cruise on the Pride, it was hard to get one drink let alone two and I am not a fan of whiskey sours. I rather order what I want at a discounted price.

I've always been able to order the drinks I wanted or get them from the bar, never had to settle for the drinks they pass around.

Archived