Two in cabin- one cancels?

Never assume, Dave :D. He's just a kid that just figured he'd go or not go at the last minute and was okay with losing his money but didn't think about there being a penalty for his room mate. Dumb you know what but there you have it. Fortunately, it's only a couple hundred bucks and we're gonna make it work...it's a group cruise and we can't let her not go!

As Dave Ramsey would say, STUPID TAX. Oh wait, he is turning down a cruise where he was going to be bunked with a girl in the room. He really is a dumb***.

Dave

I would not look for any OBC, more than likely you will get hit with a single suplement charge. Tell the roomie to pony up!

What a single supplement charge

If your booked i a cabin that holds 2 you get charged for 2 people for the cabin and another 2 charges for taxes an port fees and gratuities

if 1 person travels in a cabin for 2 you get charged 200% for the cabin but only 1 charge for taxes and port fees and gratuities

Never assume, Dave :D. He's just a kid that just figured he'd go or not go at the last minute and was okay with losing his money but didn't think about there being a penalty for his room mate. Dumb you know what but there you have it. Fortunately, it's only a couple hundred bucks and we're gonna make it work...it's a group cruise and we can't let her not go!

In this economy throwing away money the wisdom of the youth :confused:

Did you book thru Carnival or a TA

Carnival says they will refund the taxes and port fees

If only 1 person is in the cabin they charge you the full cabin rate. So if the cabin lists for $800 dbl occ (2pp) and only 1 person is in the cabin they will pay $800 not the original price of $400pp. This is what I have been told is the single supplement charge!

I feel for the OP.

So, if I understand the posts correctly, the 2nd person in the room does not get their money back AND the OP is charged their fare? In essence, Carnival is getting the money twice?

If that's the case, what a crock!

Perhaps the 2nd person had an emergency that prevented them from sailing, maybe something covered by insurance. One can only hope.

Whatever happens, enjoy your cruise!

Ok, now I'm confused!

My friends and I have a girl's cruise booked in 40 days (whoo-hoo!) and one of the girls is planning on no-showing as she is pregnant and doesn't feel up to cruising. My PVP said she should no-show vs. cancelling so that the remaining friend and I would not incur a fee. Am I correct in what I am reading to see that I may get a check (or OBC) for the other friend's port charges and taxes? If so, this would be great, as I could give my friend some money back (as she is pretty much "donating" her money to Carnival for us not to have the fee!).

Thanks for any help.

If only 1 person is in the cabin they charge you the full cabin rate. So if the cabin lists for $800 dbl occ (2pp) and only 1 person is in the cabin they will pay $800 not the original price of $400pp. This is what I have been told is the single supplement charge!

Hey Huck

OK I thought that was what it was But they dont charge taxes,port fees or Gratuities for 2 just 1 so that saves a little

I have booked 2 cruises solo and 1 solo with a cancelation so I have a little experience

I actually booked a 1A on a party cruise and didnt pay the supplement and my Carnival PVP bumped me up to a 4a Im a Balcony snob but I was traveling alone on a booze cruise didnt think i be in the cabin much unless I get lucky;)

Ok, now I'm confused!

My friends and I have a girl's cruise booked in 40 days (whoo-hoo!) and one of the girls is planning on no-showing as she is pregnant and doesn't feel up to cruising. My PVP said she should no-show vs. cancelling so that the remaining friend and I would not incur a fee. Am I correct in what I am reading to see that I may get a check (or OBC) for the other friend's port charges and taxes? If so, this would be great, as I could give my friend some money back (as she is pretty much "donating" her money to Carnival for us not to have the fee!).

Thanks for any help.

If you have three in the room and one is cancelling, it is a different scenerio. You are also at the point where the person would only lose their deposit and get refunded the rest. In this case, you should cancel the third person.

Dave

Ok, now I'm confused!

Thanks for any help.

If you are all in the same cabin and you split the bill 3 ways evenly you and the remaining friend may have to pay a few more dollars.

Bill

No.......

I am a solo Cruiser......

The only time I pay as you say dbl is

a Holiday Cruise,,,New Year's Eve,,or Christmas....

I book the 1-A cabins..........

Go to the Carnival website, go through the booking process for any cruise. Get the pp rate for 2 people in the cabin, then book it for 1 person in the cabin. What is the pp rate? Is it 1/2? No it is more than 1/2 if not double. Any cabin category.

Go to the Carnival website, go through the booking process for any cruise. Get the pp rate for 2 people in the cabin, then book it for 1 person in the cabin. What is the pp rate? Is it 1/2? No it is more than 1/2 if not double. Any cabin category.

It is 150% for 1A's and 200% for all other cabins.

Bill

If you have three in the room and one is cancelling, it is a different scenerio. You are also at the point where the person would only lose their deposit and get refunded the rest. In this case, you should cancel the third person.

Dave

Not so with this case. We split the bill evenly (three ways)...so we would end up owing money in this case. We talked with the PVP about it and he said so long as our friend who is not going didn't mind, we shouldn't officially cancel her...just have her no-show. But, I am curious as to if she gets refunded for her taxes and port fees as another poster said...this way we could give her a little something back. So is this true?

Thanks!

Not so with this case. We split the bill evenly (three ways)...so we would end up owing money in this case. We talked with the PVP about it and he said so long as our friend who is not going didn't mind, we shouldn't officially cancel her...just have her no-show. But, I am curious as to if she gets refunded for her taxes and port fees as another poster said...this way we could give her a little something back. So is this true?

Thanks!

What it means is that your friend would get a small refund for cancelling as the 3rd guest. The fares for the two remaining guests should not change. The other two people in the cabin would then owe the friend the difference to what it cost for the 1st/2nd rate. It is not fair for the third person to subsidize your cruise though they are the ones causing all the aggrevation.

The cruiseline got paid for a 1st/2nd fare and a reduced 3rd fare. You decided to split the total of all three fares which is not the cruiselines problem now that one has decided to back out. It is not the way it was invoiced out.

Either way, the two remaining people in the room owes the third person money. The person is out their deposit no matter what as they are past final payment so that is their loss.

You may or may not get back the port fees for them being a no show. The taxes will be refunded after the cruise but they are usually a small amount.

Dave

Archived