Behind the fun tour on Paradise.

Sirwinston

On my Paradise 4 day cruise last week I really enjoyed the "Behind the Fun tour". Cost is $ 55.00 and is 2-1/2 hours long. You cover a lot of areas of the ship. Heads of departments greet and explain the areas to you. They treated us like V.I.P.s You get to visit the main galley, store rooms, Staff dining room, engine control room, bridge, forward crew deck, back stage of main show lounge, and the crew bar/ lounge. We met the Captain, Head Chef, Cheif engineer, Stage manager, dancers etc.

They are very strick about not allowing cameras or cell phones as the tour visits sensative areas of the ship.

They also give you a few perks like a group photo and some extra goodies. At this point they are keeping the groups small and they do sell out early in the cruise.

The tour was offered @ 9:00 a.m. on Thursday (Seaday).

Tom in Long Beach

On my Paradise 4 day cruise last week I really enjoyed the "Behind the Fun tour". Cost is $ 55.00 and is 2-1/2 hours long. You cover a lot of areas of the ship. Heads of departments greet and explain the areas to you. They treated us like V.I.P.s You get to visit the main galley, store rooms, Staff dining room, engine control room, bridge, forward crew deck, back stage of main show lounge, and the crew bar/ lounge. We met the Captain, Head Chef, Cheif engineer, Stage manager, dancers etc.

They are very strick about not allowing cameras or cell phones as the tour visits sensative areas of the ship.

They also give you a few perks like a group photo and some extra goodies. At this point they are keeping the groups small and they do sell out early in the cruise.

The tour was offered @ 9:00 a.m. on Thursday (Seaday).

Tom in Long Beach

:cool:I wanted to do this on the Conquest!!:o But your right it sells out quick!!!:( I went the first day to sign up!!:eek:

Hi Tom, remember me from the 2 day CTN on the Splendor? How are you?

I did this tour on the Victory last month and loved it. I think any veteran cruiser will really enjoy it and the goodies that they gave were totally unexpected, and unobtainable unless you take the tour.:p

I also think reading the book Cruise Confidential helps enhance the experience.

We got even more, but we also paid more. I wasn't sure if the price difference was based upon the size of the ship or what, but we got a little back pack with a hat, the bracelet, a photo book, and a few other things that if I told you, it would ruin the surprize. You can't buy any of the stuff in the gift shop, you have to take the tour.

Plus we had added bonus besides the strawberries at the end of our tour.

We also got to see where the morgue and the jail are. We didn't see in them, but we saw the doors.

BTW Tom, how did you enjoy that aft wrap in Alaska, as if I have to ask?

Archived