Home after a happy experience on Musica

Misty1937

I have just returned from a 7 night Greek Island cruise on Musica. Embarkation was extremely well organised and it ran like clockwork. The ship is really lovely and all the crew were great. All right it wasn't the QE2 but you get what you pay for and we were completely happy with that we got. With the great selection of meals I fail to see how you could complain or go hungry. Water was available all day apart from dinner in the evening. Afternoon tea was available every day so what more could you ask for. The staff were all friendly and polite. Our cabin was spotless and serviced twice a day.

We DIY at all ports except Santorini and there I felt more control could have been used to prevent the rude & ignorant people bypassing the queue and pushing in at the front. We visited Bari, Corfu, Santorini, Mykonos, Pireaus, Katakolon and Split. If anyone has any questions I would be only too happy to answer them if I can, so many wonderful people helped me prior to my cruise it would be a pleasure to return the favour.

Cheers, Misty

Hi Misty,

Glad to hear you enjoyed the Musica,my husband and I did the exact same trip in April this year and loved it - actually it was our very first cruise and we we celebrating his birthday -Unfortunately we couldn't get off in Santorini as the weather was bad and the captain decided after a couple of hours to go onto Mykonos,great choice,we had plenty of time their.We have booked again to go next April 2010,just paid early bird airfares today,on the two new ships Splendida and Magnifica,it's called a grand med back to back,looking forward to it.Noticed you are from Melbourne,me too although I now live in Canberra,still have family down their.Well Happy Cruising,Smooth Cruise.

Hi Smooth Cruise, great to hear from you. We live in Boronia, how are you coping with the Canberra winters???. I have a stepson there and we have been to see him for his birthday in July a few times, brrrrrrrr.

Your cruises look wonderful, I had a peep in my brochure. Perhaps the only port I can help you with is Istanbul, we did that on our Opera cruise. We had made friends with quite a few on board and as we left the ship to DIY we were approached by a local tour chap. From memory it cost E12 ea for the 9 of us and it was really worth it, particularly to learn a bit about each place of interest he took us to. You must have 20Lira to enter Hagia Sophia but apart from that everyone accepted Euros.

Have you posted a roll call?, I did for ours and made some great friends thru it as well as pre booking some tours.

All the best and happy cruising, Misty

Hi Misty1937,

Glad you enjoyed your cruise. Just have one question: afternoon tea. I will be doing a Xmas cruise on Musica and was told that, unlike Costa, MSC does not offer afternoon tea but you mention you had it on your cruise. Was it in one of the restaurants? Many thanks

Hi Sjpo

We were able to get afternoon tea on Musica either in the cafeteria on Deck 13 or served from 4 to 5 with classical music in Il Tucano lounge on deck 6. The ship is wonderful but HUUUUUGE, we kept getting lost and wished we had a GPS but never mind it was good for the waistline. We had a great time on it and I'm sure you will too. Any other questions please just ask. Happy cruising, cheers, Misty

Misty you should think your lucky, Musica is 89600 tons with 3013 Guests

Now Fantasia is big. She is 137.936 tons with 3959 Guests. You need a skateboard to get around. :)

Thanks for that, remind me never to book on Fantasia although the upside of it was I came back 2kg lighter than I left. Who knows I could come back even lighter!!!, perhaps the fact I only knew where afternoon tea was served but never partook of it may have some bearing too.

Cheers, Misty

Archived