Carnival Glory Bed Bugs

Marriedparamedic

When you dock in Nassau there is a dumpster next to the ship for them to dispose of refuse from the ship. Or at least there was on our cruise. Just found it strange to us that there happened to be just 2 twin box springs and 2 twin mattresses in the dumpster coincidence perhaps!

MarriedParamedic,

Carnival Glory's dock at Nassau;

2902592170065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

Yeah, it really is Carnival Glory's dock;

2538994690065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

If you can make this photo larger you can see the entire dock and you will not see a dumpster;

2868066710065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

But you can find mattresses in dumpsters in some ports. This pic was taken in Miami;

2762071500065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

And for some reason, I even got a closer shot of the dumpster with mattresses at Port of Miami;

2411688550065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

I am not saying there was no dumpter beside Glory when you docked in Nassau. You may have even docked at some other pier where there are dumpsters. It is even possible that Nassau officials were aware you and your bed bugs were arriving and they installed a special dumpster just for you.

In your original post you stated that Carnival did nothing, but you also state that housekeeping staff came in a group and could find nothing and then the next time they came they replaced everything and tossed it in a dumpster in Nassau that did not exist just a few days earlier. I have to ask, FTLOG WTH more did you expect them to do?

Your husband erased pics of skin irritation? Good for him. Why have such pics around.

I don't think that is what the OP is stating that everytime someone "itches" that they throw out the mattresses. I did NOT know why they were doing this - just assumed the mattresses were old. In FACT, I had heard Glory was going into drydock - whether this is true or not, I do not know. But IF it is true, and I know for a fact that we were down 400 passengers, they could be replacing mattresses early?????

I don't think that is what the OP is stating that everytime someone "itches" that they throw out the mattresses. I did NOT know why they were doing this - just assumed the mattresses were old. In FACT, I had heard Glory was going into drydock - whether this is true or not, I do not know. But IF it is true, and I know for a fact that we were down 400 passengers, they could be replacing mattresses early?????

It was a joke ;)

OP: What do you expect Carnival to do? They gave you free medical care while on board. They replaced everthing in your cabin. No one ever died from bed bugs.

How about a dinner for 2 at the specialty restaurant? Is there one on the Glory...if so, that would have been a nice gesture since they missed formal night. CCL gives dinner for 2 away at the past guest party so it can be done.

The reason the picture is from the web is that my husband had accidently erased our pictures would be more than happy to provide the medical report from Carnival if you still doubt

Hmmmm, that is convienient. The report from carnival will say the exact same thing as if you came to my clinic, ie "person reports bed bug bites, red rash noted to whatever areas of the body". Means NOTHING. No where will it actually say it was bed bug bites because they do not know esp when no bugs were reported to be found in your cabin.

If you are going to state something like, BedBugs on XXX ship, maybe you should research bedbugs first and not just go looking for pictures from other websites, because your story does not in any way hold water.

What was it? You got bored today or what?

And btw, there is a free program to recover those pictures. Go to http://www.kimkomando.com and search for photo recovery.

So you mean to tell me that everytime someone says they itch that Carnival throws away the mattresses? Dang it, that's why there is no more free drinks at the cocktail parties and no more choc. mints. Matresses are expensive. Damn you bed bugs :rolleyes:

I can't wait to see where this thread will go by midnight.:eek: When one travels things happen. I am confused of what the OP wanted more from Carnival. If I was the OP from what I have read, maybe needs to look at where they were just before the cruise. Gosh, guess you could get head lice from riding on a plane just before going on a cruise. Oh well, things happen and not going to dampen our travels. Oh by the way, long pants would of covered the legs that kept them from going to the MDR. Free cruise surfing, sounds like it to me. Carnival medical report, gosh could probably buy one on ebay or get one from a bed bug handbook. Sorry, but this takes things to extremes. If this situation happened to me, don't think cruise critic would be where I would go to post the details. Just my opinion and no harm met.

I'll never understand- if people don't believe a post, or think a troll is at hand, WHY spend so much time and energy to dispute it? Just move on, already. If it is a troll, you're just giving them what they want. If it's not a troll and the poster is telling the truth, you're just calling them a liar without basis. I don't get it.

Yes, geese do take down planes! I forgot about that. And geese carry mites, but they don't, for some reason, get on humans.

The reason for my "name" is that we own a small farm and I have 17 pet geese and 4 swans, along with horses and cattle and dogs. But I do love my geese!

I believe th OP. bed bugs have become a very serious problem world wide. I always check beds and keep all luggage in the beathroom when |I am in a hotel. I also check my cabins and try and keep everything as far away from the bed as posible but as someone else stated they can hide anywhere and once you get them can be very very diffcult to get rid of.

It is important to be informed about bed bugs and take as many precautions as possible. You can take them home and it can be months before you know what you have. In my work I have become very informed on these bugs and take no chances.

So instead of beating up on the OP take it as something to educate yourself about.

If I'm not mistaken don't geese carry fleas?

I figured this stood for Grey "Goose", as in the vodka. :rolleyes:

that would have been a nice gesture since they missed formal night.

Missing dinner was a personal choice.

Doesn't anyone remember the story last week about being robbed @ gunpoint? Several people called that person a liar and it turned out to be true.

At this point, does it really matter if it's true or not? Stop beating a dead horse because if it turns out not to be true then you're feeding a troll. If it is true, then you should be ashamed of yourselves.

We should just take this as a PSA. I'm sure less-than-seasoned travelers can take something away from being made aware of these sorts of things, whether it happened or not makes no difference.

Okay, flame away.:rolleyes:

Yes, geese do take down planes! I forgot about that. And geese carry mites, but they don't, for some reason, get on humans.

The reason for my "name" is that we own a small farm and I have 17 pet geese and 4 swans, along with horses and cattle and dogs. But I do love my geese!

No one's casting disparaging remarks about your geese or your loving them!

I was simply correcting the person who called you, "goodelover"!

I try to stay away from the geese at our local park.....they're downright mean!!!!!

I really am wondering if the "bites" the OP got were not from bedbugs but from fleas? Fleas can leave some pretty nasty bites on you. And you would feel them biting right away and they are so small and jumb so fast you might not see them.

I know that being a nurse I have seen patients bring fleas into the hospital with them, infect the room and then the next patient gets bitten. We might never see the little critters but you sure do see the bites on the patient.

Diana

Out of curiousity, how would you know "beforehand" if you had bed bugs and what can we do to protect ourselves? Sounds stupid, but maybe spray Lysol on the bed???? Truly, I know nothing about these critters!

First thing I do when I get to a new room is strip the bed covers from the mattress from one side. Examine closely along the seams of the matress from any life or any dropping left by life. It will be dark "dirt" that if you get it wet, turns red. Remember, bed bug live only on blood.

There is some stuff you can spray for them, but I would only use it if I found bugs, because I do not want to sleep on a matress I have sprayed with chemicals anymore than I want to sleep with bugs that are going to suck my blood when I sleep.

I am not doubting the op was bit by "something", when, where and what it really was is the problem. When you post an untruth about something on a ship on these boards, very often panic sets in on the person who may be traveling in that same room or even same ship next week.

It is good to educate yourself on problems you can encounter traveling and bed bugs are one of those things. Sand fleas in Roatan are another. Luckily the sand flea bites have never caused me to itch.

The fact the OP went out and found a photo on a web site just to use in her thread on the subject pretty much says her story is not entirely true, then to come back and say, oh hubby erased all the real pictures, is just blatant.

First thing I do when I get to a new room is strip the bed covers from the mattress from one side. Examine closely along the seams of the matress from any life or any dropping left by life. It will be dark "dirt" that if you get it wet, turns red. Remember, bed bug live only on blood.

There is some stuff you can spray for them, but I would only use it if I found bugs, because I do not want to sleep on a matress I have sprayed with chemicals anymore than I want to sleep with bugs that are going to suck my blood when I sleep.

I am not doubting the op was bit by "something", when, where and what it really was is the problem. When you post an untruth about something on a ship on these boards, very often panic sets in on the person who may be traveling in that same room or even same ship next week.

It is good to educate yourself on problems you can encounter traveling and bed bugs are one of those things. Sand fleas in Roatan are another. Luckily the sand flea bites have never caused me to itch.

The fact the OP went out and found a photo on a web site just to use in her thread on the subject pretty much says her story is not entirely true, then to come back and say, oh hubby erased all the real pictures, is just blatant.

Judy, clear fingernail polish cures sand flea itch if you ever get it. Also, for some reason, they do not like Avon cremes or splash. Lived with them for several years while stationed in South Carolina. ;)

I'll never understand- if people don't believe a post, or think a troll is at hand, WHY spend so much time and energy to dispute it? Just move on, already. If it is a troll, you're just giving them what they want. If it's not a troll and the poster is telling the truth, you're just calling them a liar without basis. I don't get it.

Well don't waste your time trying to get it lol! This is not the first time people have come on cc to warn about bed bugs and it won't be the last......But everytime it happens there will be some people that just can't believe that this does happen on ships.......it does and it is nice that we have these boards to communicate such........hopefully people reading this will take the time to inspect their beds upon arrival.......posting something like this does not hurt anything it can only help......

So that is what I had way back in June 1979 in Torremolinos, Spain!!! My friend in the other bed had no bites at all but my other friend and I who were sharing a bed were all bitten up! And we thought it was the scented soap we were using.

Archived