Question about Q6 Cabins on Queen Victoria?

smoothsailors

We were in 7041 in June and will be in 7080 next June (and 5103 in December 09).

The Q6 was spacious enough, but could have been internally designed better, e.g. there are 2 desks, but only the one at the bedside has 13A sockets, the other only has US style, why?!!! Also the "walk in" wardrobe is a cupboard that you can just squeeze into and no more, then you have to close the door to reach the far side, wouldn't want to be claustrophobic. If it was my decision, I'd scrap the bedside desk and build a proper wardrobe in its place "L" shaped. You just don't need two desks.

Beside the walk-in, there is a cupboard with very shallow shelves and 3 drawers, e.g. won't take a properly folded shirt long ways.

There are a couple of drawers under the bed, but nowhere to store your cases. Luckily we just managed to stuff ours under the bedside desk, which meant we couldn't use it.

There is a jacuzi bath and separate shower cubicle, then another door to the WC and single basin.

Apart from the badly designed rooms, we really liked the ship.

Hope that helps.

Have a good trip

Stewart

Hi

We were on the QV in a Q6 for 16 days and we fitted 2 large cases and 2 big suit carriers under the bed, there is plenty of room !!. Agree with other comments and unlike the QM2 there are no cupboards under the sink so no where to store toiletries except the small shelves.

We still love the ship though and are going again next August :)

Ruth

Ruth

You might have stored suit carriers under the bed, but I absolutely guarantee that our Samsonite cases would not go anywhere near the drawers under the bed. In fact they just, and no more, fitted under the desk.

The suit carriers did fit under the bed.

However, if compared with QG on QE2, where storage was never a problem, it's a bit of a disappointment.

Then you have the Grill Lounge where you can't sit facing the bar on the bar stools because they are fitted too close. The you have the Commodore Club where you can't sit facing the bar on the bar stools because they are fitted too close. All acknowledged by the senior staff and promised to be sorted soon.

Nevertheless, we like the ship and as you know, will be returning at least twice within the next year.

Stewart

Glad to hear that, noted comments aside, you both enjoyed the QV and booked to sail again! Now that I know the storage limitations in a Q6 (and we'd already been cautioned that cabin size is smaller than the HAL deluxe verandah suites which we love)...we'll anticipate a snug & cozy adventure & great Grill experience!

Hi, we loved our Q6 & could fit 2 large samsonites under the bed (side on).

The separate shower is a good size. I don't know what else to say, but we found it lovely.

Have fun :)

Archived