Booking last minute cruises... help!

frazzledrazzle16

We are looking to book a cruise for January. We did this last year and didn't book until 3 weeks before sailing, but we really didn't pay attention to the price fluctuations as it was truly a last minute decision. By some miracle, our PVP was able to find us two rooms (one handicap accessible and both of them close together). This time I'm trying to be a little more prepared before making a decision. Whether or not we go is largely dependent on what kind of deal we can get and the availability of a handicap stateroom.

For those of you more experienced with last minute cruises/Carnival sales, how long do you wait to book and do you find that you recieved the best possible deal? Does Carnival hold any good sales around black friday or the holidays?

Obviously since we are not near a port city (unless Carnival immediately starts a Great Lakes cruise route :p), we need at least a couple weeks leeway time. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Last year, no Christmas sale, but the two years before that they did the 12 days of Christmas sale were like 5 people got a hugely reduced price who managed to call in on the dot of 2 pm or some such. Lots of hard feelings.

Iv never seen a good last minute sale for the holidays that I managed to snag, but the pack n go rates that come out on wednesdays on the carnival site are about the best Iv seen. check them out, they will dissapear by Friday.

Usually they show particular dates, just checked and says click for details for each ship to see what the specials are for this week.

http://www.carnival.com//cms/fun/specials/packandgo.aspx?icid=BSpecialshomepagepackngo2?ciid=718&cachename=advertising&PageGroupId=221&url=%2fcms%2ffun%2fspecials%2fpackandgo.aspx%3ficid%3dBSpecialshomepagepackngo2

sometimes they are really good and sometimes no better than you could book with another rate.

We are looking to book a cruise for January. We did this last year and didn't book until 3 weeks before sailing, but we really didn't pay attention to the price fluctuations as it was truly a last minute decision. By some miracle, our PVP was able to find us two rooms (one handicap accessible and both of them close together). This time I'm trying to be a little more prepared before making a decision. Whether or not we go is largely dependent on what kind of deal we can get and the availability of a handicap stateroom.

For those of you more experienced with last minute cruises/Carnival sales, how long do you wait to book and do you find that you received the best possible deal? Does Carnival hold any good sales around black friday or the holidays?

Obviously since we are not near a port city (unless Carnival immediately starts a Great Lakes cruise route :p), we need at least a couple weeks leeway time. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

What dates are you looking at in January? I know for the cruises leaving on January 10, 2010 their final payment date is October 27, 2009 so after that the rates should start getting better, because they want to fill up the ship. I know my PVP told me this week, that starting in a few days, the inside rooms on the Carnival Splendor will be going for $299pp, that breaks down to just over $40.00 a day for two people. That is cheap.

Last year, no Christmas sale, but the two years before that they did the 12 days of Christmas sale were like 5 people got a hugely reduced price who managed to call in on the dot of 2 pm or some such. Lots of hard feelings.

Iv never seen a good last minute sale for the holidays that I managed to snag, but the pack n go rates that come out on wednesdays on the carnival site are about the best Iv seen. check them out, they will dissapear by Friday.

Usually they show particular dates, just checked and says click for details for each ship to see what the specials are for this week.

http://www.carnival.com//cms/fun/specials/packandgo.aspx?icid=BSpecialshomepagepackngo2?ciid=718&cachename=advertising&PageGroupId=221&url=%2fcms%2ffun%2fspecials%2fpackandgo.aspx%3ficid%3dBSpecialshomepagepackngo2

sometimes they are really good and sometimes no better than you could book with another rate.

Thanks! I will have to keep an eye out for those pack and go rates.

What dates are you looking at in January? I know for the cruises leaving on January 10, 2010 their final payment date is October 27, 2009 so after that the rates should start getting better, because they want to fill up the ship. I know my PVP told me this week, that starting in a few days, the inside rooms on the Carnival Splendor will be going for $299pp, that breaks down to just over $40.00 a day for two people. That is cheap.

Wow! That is a really good deal, although we plan on driving so I don't think a drive to California would be feasible. At this time, pretty much any of the January sailings are on the table for us with the only holdbacks being the availabilty of handicap rooms and the driving distance to the ports.

Thanks! I will have to keep an eye out for those pack and go rates.

Wow! That is a really good deal, although we plan on driving so I don't think a drive to California would be feasible. At this time, pretty much any of the January sailings are on the table for us with the only holdbacks being the availabilty of handicap rooms and the driving distance to the ports.

Email me at Chacooe@msn.com please.

Archived