NAUTICA's "Maiden"!.....

aaannnthony

• 1 month later...

Oh boy do I wish.....

The pricing for that trip was incredible!! We got the brochure the other day. If only we were retired we'd have jumped on it in a heartbeat!!!

Can't wait to hear what you all think of it when you get back.

• 1 month later...

Add six more. We have all just returned from 12-day Regatta Caribbean cruise that was so very, very good that we've all booked the Athens/Singapore cruise. So looking forward to it. Just hope that any 'technical' problems do not surface as is common on changeovers.

Keep in touch!

Sandy,

What is the advantage of the Yahoo message board over this CC board? We are very happy with what this board provides. We used this forum for our previous Oceania cruise and found it informative and great way for sharing information. In fact, we were able to meet several of the posters while on the cruise. Look forward to hearing from you.

Plimsol,

There is no advantage, nor disadvantage. The Yahoo Oceania board, for me, is easier to navigate, and the new one I posted is for the specific Nov 28 cruise. I check all the various Oceania boards, trying to gather information to help with my planning. This is a wonderful, informative board, and I enjoy all the posts, and I have learned much from all of them. I have not had much luck in researching the ports for the Nov 28 cruise, so had hoped to get some feedback on the other board to help in planning shore trips.

Cruise critic has an area for a rollcall type sign up for members of specific cruises, but Oceania is not one of them. We have the Yahoo board for that specic reason (I guess), and Laura, one of the Cruise Critic monitors, takes care of that board.

Sandy

Plimsol,

There is no advantage, nor disadvantage. The Yahoo Oceania board, for me, is easier to navigate, and the new one I posted is for the specific Nov 28 cruise. I check all the various Oceania boards, trying to gather information to help with my planning. This is a wonderful, informative board, and I enjoy all the posts, and I have learned much from all of them. I have not had much luck in researching the ports for the Nov 28 cruise, so had hoped to get some feedback on the other board to help in planning shore trips.

Cruise critic has an area for a rollcall type sign up for members of specific cruises, but Oceania is not one of them. We have the Yahoo board for that specic reason (I guess), and Laura, one of the Cruise Critic monitors, takes care of that board.

Sandy

That is not the same Laura ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Don & Jo Anne (Jo) from Treasure Island, FL. Mid-fifties and ready to jump from NCL, RCL, Carnival, Princess etc. for a better more upscale but casual experience. We liked Renaissance and have cruised on the Pacific Princess which was the R3, I believe.

Also, like unique itineraries.

From other postings, it seems we don't want transfers (which we declined after significant pressure) and ship excursions. We always prefer our own anyway.

Happy to see this roll call getting underway.

We attended a Travel Expo last weekend in Brisbane (Australia), and decided to book TWO Nautica cruises back to back. We have never been on a cruise before and now are waiting with baited breath to hear that our cruises have been confirmed. The TA here, said the bookings have to go through the US, so should hear something in the next couple of days.

We have booked the 35 day Hong Kong to Athens on March 31st.(2006) and the 12 day Athens to Istanbul on May 5th.

I will be reading these boards now every day for the next 12 months, for all the tips and hints. One question.....so far it seems to be mostly people from the US on these cruises, does anyone have any idea what the usual mix is? I dont think this line has been marketed here very much.:)

Well to say I am VERY p***** off, is to put it mildly! Just heard from the TA and have been told the cruise is booked out for the type of room we wanted. Hard to believe, seeing its twelve months away! We had wanted one of the Penthouse rooms, as this was to be our very first cruise, we wanted the best we could afford. Have been told that all we can get is an outside room on Deck 3! Looks like we wont be sailing with Oceana....more research now into other lines.:mad:

Suggestion - maybe you should consider making a deposit on what's available and try to be waitlisted for a better cabin (sorry, Stateroom in Oceania parlance). It's a long time till the sailing date and I'd guess some openings will come up.

The 35 day cruise has a very nice itinerary, and adding a couple of Aussie voices to the minority from outside North America would be good.

aaaanthony (sp)

Would love to make that trip, and finally meet up with you, but it is just not in the cards.

We'll be on Oceania's Regatta, in the Baltic, 8-31-05, then on Regal Princess 'round the Horn, Mar 06.

Wrote in part:

[quote name=GrannyLorr

Well to say I am VERY p***** off, is to put it mildly! Just heard from the TA and have been told the cruise is booked out for the type of room we wanted. Hard to believe, seeing its twelve months away! [/quote]

Hard to believe but it seems that with such great itineraries why wouldn't they get sold out? Plus the fact that they are small ships not your 1600 passenger thing.. they will book up much more quickly.

I agree you should grab another cabin and get wauit listed.. you can always cancel.. or maybe you will get lucky and get your cabin in any event.

Waitlisting is not really an option for us. We have too many arrangements to make, to be able to take a 2 month trip. We had planned on spending some time in Turkey, particularly Galipoli, and probably Dubai, on the way home. Time off work etc just cant be arranged at the last moment. We had also hoped to use some Frequent Flyer points, for at least one of our airfares, but with Qantas, these bookings need to be twelve months in advance to have any chance of a free ticket! I have another TA trying to book something, but Im not holding out much hope. We seem to get a pretty bad deal here with cruises. Hardly any advertising etc. and by the time I find something on the Net its too late! If I want to see some "Pacific Islands" Im sure I could sail tomorrow, but not much else to chose.:(

Waitlisting is not really an option for us. We have too many arrangements to make, to be able to take a 2 month trip. We had planned on spending some time in Turkey, particularly Galipoli, and probably Dubai, on the way home. Time off work etc just cant be arranged at the last moment. We had also hoped to use some Frequent Flyer points, for at least one of our airfares, but with Qantas, these bookings need to be twelve months in advance to have any chance of a free ticket! I have another TA trying to book something, but Im not holding out much hope. We seem to get a pretty bad deal here with cruises. Hardly any advertising etc. and by the time I find something on the Net its too late! If I want to see some "Pacific Islands" Im sure I could sail tomorrow, but not much else to chose.:(

Where do you live that you get no advertising?

Thanks SeaCCruiser, I will check out that link....Claudia I am in Brisbane, Australia. Ive heard recently the Pacific Princess, which does a summer season down here, is being replaced by the larger Dawn Princess, so obviously cruising is becoming more popular. Maybe we will start to get more choices.

Guest Jancruz

There will be no one that can get you a Penthouse for that trip..the only thing you can do is see if you can get a waitlist or choose another cruise..

Jan:)

Oceania usually starts by advertising on their own website at http://www.oceaniacruises.com You can keep watching that particular website and if you see something you like, show it to your TA. And if your local TAs are not of much help, you can always call Oceania directly (long distance calls are really cheap these days), and if necessary, buy your ticket directly from Oceania. The cruise line will not give you any discount that TAs may (giving you part of their comission), and they may not "pamper" you like your friendly TA (but some TAs are less agreeable than Oceania's staff), but this way, at least you won't "miss the boat"! Hope this helps.

Guest Jancruz
so Jancruz.........are all Oceania cruises given out to US TA's only to sell? If not, what percentage is available for other nationalities? Are we simply wasting our time even trying?

Anyone in the world can purchase cabins anytime on Oceania..it is just that this inaugural cruise sold out almost immediately..when I was in South America in January and was trying to email Oceania for a Penthouse for one of my clients on board..I had to wait-list them and that was over 2 months ago..With a limited amount of PH's..anytime you want them you have to book quickly..Oceania does not give cabin allotments to any TA..we book them as we get requests..I can hardly get any cabins at this point for 2005 Europe and Asia cruises on Oceania

Jan:)

Archived