Time zones

ERNLYN

I know I read this on earlier posts, but my daughter and I are of differing opinions. It was my understanding that the ship "Carnival Splendor" will change ship time to match the port time just prior to docking? Also I thouht I read the the only port the time changes is Cabo. Can anyone please confirm.

I know I read this on earlier posts, but my daughter and I are of differing opinions. It was my understanding that the ship "Carnival Splendor" will change ship time to match the port time just prior to docking? Also I thouht I read the the only port the time changes is Cabo. Can anyone please confirm.

You will set sail in the Pacific time zone. Ship's time will match local time.

The ship's clocks will be moved forward one hour (to synch with mountain time) at some point just north of Cabo. This will most likely happen Monday night while at sea and you are asleep.

The ship is now in synch with the mountain time zone and will match local time for Cabo and Mazatlan later in your cruise. The ship's clocks will be one hour BEHIND local time in Puerto Vallarta (your first port). Upon your arrival in Vallarta, local time should be 9 AM with ship's clocks reading 8 AM.

Splendor will reverse the time change process after you have left Cabo and are headed north for home.

Archived