Help on Naussa Tour.. Scubagirl or anyone

SWACK

I believe Scubagirl reccomended a tour for us earlier that worked out really well. It was an older guy, shows up after he drops off the kids, well spoken and a very good tour. Everyone there knew his name when I told them I was waiting for him. Can remember sooo much, but not his name!

Kids are going with me on 12/29, and I'd like another tour with him. Any suggestions? I'd recognize the name if I heard it, that's how my feeble brain works!

I believe Scubagirl reccomended a tour for us earlier that worked out really well. It was an older guy, shows up after he drops off the kids, well spoken and a very good tour. Everyone there knew his name when I told them I was waiting for him. Can remember sooo much, but not his name!

Kids are going with me on 12/29, and I'd like another tour with him. Any suggestions? I'd recognize the name if I heard it, that's how my feeble brain works!

You're likely thinking of OTIS. You can ask for his when you get outside the port area.

OTIS! yes, that's the name.. Knew I'd recognize it, and knew you'd come through for me Scubagirl. He gives great tours, and all the people hawking sales back away when you tell them you're waiting for Otis!

Just got back from a Sensation 3 Day.

My wife and I went for a private tour for 2.5 hours for $80.00.

I also recommend that you tell him to stop at the Fish Fry and pick up some Conch Salad. It was wonderful. I have Otis card with his phone # on it if anyone wants it to call him.

Email nathan @ c f f b DOT net Subject: Otis Info

I talked to him at great length about his wonderful tours and would highly recommend anyone visiting Nassau to get Otis. When you walk through the market he is right outside the doors of the Festival Market.

FYI...........

Ottis, and one other (do a search for his name, I don't recall) come highly recommended here. When we went to Nassau, we asked for Ottis, and a charming, funny, happy taxi driver explained that Ottis doesn't come until 9:15. It was 8:30, this cabby seemed great, and for all I knew, Ottis might take the day off. So we toured with this guy, it was awful. If you can't find a cabby that's highly recommended (like Ottis) I wouldn't risk going with a different cabby. When it was all over, I was angry that I hadn't spent more and taken a ship cruise, or chanced the wait for Ottis.

Hello!

Have you heard of Godfrey Simms Tour? Can I book a tour with Otis or is he just found once we get off the ship? Thanks & have a great day!

Ottis is found by asking for him. The other cabbies will tell you where to meet him, but they'll also do anything they can to sweet talk you into not waiting for Ottis.

Here's his info

Otis Ferguson

242-425-2062 Local in the Bahamas 364-7698

Taxi # 345

Just my personal experience dealing with him. He likes to take more than 1 couple but he will do just one it just costs you a bit more. Like I said the first time we toured with him it was like $200.00 but then again Gas was 7.00+ a gallon at the time. This last time it was $80.00 for 2 for 2.5 hours the more you get in with him the cheaper it would be. I wouldn't try getting more than 6 people in the van though. JMHO

And for lovers of Conch Salad don't forget to have him stop at the "Fish Fry" for some conch salad to take back on the ship. Absolutely the best Conch salad we've had. 2 Bowls of Conch Salad and a heaping box of Conch Fritters for $20 US.

Here's his info

Otis Ferguson

242-425-2062 Local in the Bahamas 364-7698

Taxi # 345

Just my personal experience dealing with him. He likes to take more than 1 couple but he will do just one it just costs you a bit more. Like I said the first time we toured with him it was like $200.00 but then again Gas was 7.00+ a gallon at the time. This last time it was $80.00 for 2 for 2.5 hours the more you get in with him the cheaper it would be. I wouldn't try getting more than 6 people in the van though. JMHO

And for lovers of Conch Salad don't forget to have him stop at the "Fish Fry" for some conch salad to take back on the ship. Absolutely the best Conch salad we've had. 2 Bowls of Conch Salad and a heaping box of Conch Fritters for $20 US.

Hi,

Can you tell me what a Conch Salad is? Also what are Conch Fritters?

Where can they be purchased? Sounds really good. Thanks!!:)

• 5 weeks later...
Hi,

Can you tell me what a Conch Salad is? Also what are Conch Fritters?

Where can they be purchased? Sounds really good. Thanks!!:)

Conch is a shellfish. Has a slightly sweet taste to it. Conch salad is mixed in with diced tomatoes, lime, some peppers and other ingredients. We geet ours without the hot stuff in it but that's an option too if you like it. Conch fritters are the same only batter fried.

Also it's rumored to be the reason why so many islander men have so many babies. Similar to oysters they put the lead into your pencil;) Just try it or ask for a sample of it.

Just don't let on that you have conch salad while going through the Festival Marketplace.

Oh I just remembered go all the way to the end of the festival marketplace, theirs a vendor there selling conch salad and fritters. Albeit to try them if you like them, then go fish fry and get all you want.

• 2 months later...

2/27/2010: After reading many posts about Otis, I asked for him in Nassau. He wasn't available, so we found Omar instead! What a great find. $100 for 4 pp. 2.5 hours tour. What a great bargain and what a nice tour guide! I highly recommend him. He was located right beside the horse & carriage. He drives a very nice Ford Expedition (big & roomy). He took us to all the historical sights, the Caves, the beach, the Atlantis, Queens Staircase, shopping, etc. His tour actually ended up being about 3:30 hours and well worth the $100 - we tipped him generously too. I would definitely ask for Omar next time. His taxi # is 653 and his local phone number is 423-3943. I told him I'd try and make him as famous as Otis on this board. I was especially impressed with the way he helped care for my mother (using a scooter/walker). He was very kind and patient. His tour far exceeded my expectations and I'm so glad he found us. Tell him Pam sent ya!

2/27/2010: After reading many posts about Otis, I asked for him in Nassau. He wasn't available, so we found Omar instead! What a great find. $100 for 4 pp. 2.5 hours tour. What a great bargain and what a nice tour guide! I highly recommend him. He was located right beside the horse & carriage. He drives a very nice Ford Expedition (big & roomy). He took us to all the historical sights, the Caves, the beach, the Atlantis, Queens Staircase, shopping, etc. His tour actually ended up being about 3:30 hours and well worth the $100 - we tipped him generously too. I would definitely ask for Omar next time. His taxi # is 653 and his local phone number is 423-3943. I told him I'd try and make him as famous as Otis on this board. I was especially impressed with the way he helped care for my mother (using a scooter/walker). He was very kind and patient. His tour far exceeded my expectations and I'm so glad he found us. Tell him Pam sent ya!

• 1 month later...

Archived