weather in galveston

Granny1

Yes but it is improving by the minute! The rain is moving out and tomorrow and this weekend will be gorgeous! Lows around 50 and highs in the lower 70's. I am going to be in Galveston Sat and Sun just for fun! Lots of stuff going on too. Big Octoberfest at a church near the strand and Galveston Pride shindig on the strand with 80's pop star Tiffany. Sailaway for the Ecstasy should not be too bad by 4pm.

Check out the port webcam in Galveston, yucky weather..:mad:

Pretty much the entire state has been like this until today. It has cleared up in the northern part of the state but it may be like this down in Galveston until early tomorrow. Gust up to 35 mph today too. Sail Away for Ecstasy is going to be warm but possibly wet.:(

Yes but it is improving by the minute! The rain is moving out and tomorrow and this weekend will be gorgeous! Lows around 50 and highs in the lower 70's. I am going to be in Galveston Sat and Sun just for fun! Lots of stuff going on too. Big Octoberfest at a church near the strand and Galveston Pride shindig on the strand with 80's pop star Tiffany. Sailaway for the Ecstasy should not be too bad by 4pm.

The weather will be nice but the seas won't be quite following along...

Forecast is 12 to 14 feet and they won't be clear of those swells 'til tomorrow AM!!

:)

Will the ship still be able to sail in swells like that? I know some folks leaving today so just curious!

She'll be able to sail, we were on the Celebration in 15-17ft seas once on the way back into Galveston. You could really feel it on that ship! It won't be too bad, but sensitive people will need to take their motion sickness remedies ;)

Will the ship still be able to sail in swells like that? I know some folks leaving today so just curious!

Oh sure, we sailed on Ecstasy in more than 25 ft swells. Enough to spash water on the windows of OVs on lowest deck and about rock you out of bed ... Ecstasy will sail.

That's because it is headed our way :( (Lafayette, LA). I also noticed that the ship did not get into port until almost 8:00 which is better than some days where it came in, in the afternoon.

My dh said Louisianna was going to get it worse than us. He mentioned tornadoes. We got like 4" of rain this morning. Stay dry La neighbors!

Archived