Birthday Cruise Sweet 16

Cre

There's a rock climbing wall, and sports deck...and, of course, the pools! That's where most teen girls will likely be. There aren't as many "bells and whistles" on Monarch as on one of the newer ships. But, I can't imagine not have a blast on ANY ship--especially on a "sweet 16" trip!

Hi, Cre. I just booked a Sweet 16 Cruise for my granddaughter and me..... just the two of us..... on the Serenade of the Seas. It's not until next May but we are already very excited about it. I chose a Royal Caribbean ship because I think RCI does a fantastic job catering to teenagers.

I'm hopeful cb@sea is right and our girls will have a great time!

My oldest DD and I cruised on Monarch for her sweet 16th when the ship was here on the west coast 3 years ago. She loved it!

There are many activities for teens onboard, including a 15-17 group that she tried for a bit, but she much preferred doing stuff with her "old" mom, lol!

We did ballroom dancing, scrapbooking, captain's talks, napkin folding, etc together. It was so nice having time alone with her away from all the family stuff that goes on in our lives. And now that she's away at college, I appreciate having had that time together all the more :o.

You'll have a great time!!!

P.S. I had our room decorated with a package thru RCI that included a cake at dinner on her birthday. It really made it special for her and she kept some of the decorations for her journal ;) .

My husband and I took our daughter and her three best friends on the Sovereign of the Seas in 2006 to celebrate her sweet 16, and they are ALL still talking about how much fun we had. We had a day in Cocoa Cay (Perfect weather), A day in Nassau (we did the Yellowbird tour to Blackbeard Island where the girls swam and sunned (they made MANY friends on the ship, it was Easter time). They had plenty to do on the ship with Rock Climbing and watching all the contests poolside and just being with each other. My daughter said it was the only sweet 16 party that lasted for five days (we went to Blizzard Beach on the day we got off the ship and took a late flight home!)

My daughter and I were on the Monarch this past August for a "girls weekend". Had a massage on board, shopped in Nassau, sunned ourselves on Cocoa Cay, really nice together time before she went back to College.

Enjoy your cruise!

Archived