Speciality Restaurants

Murphy&Bailey

I know that you pay an extra fee for the speciality restaurants but do you have to tip the waitstaff too?

Thanks,

Carol

We always tip extra because we get such good service. But no one is required to tip. It all comes out of the tipping pool at the end of the cruise.

I know that you pay an extra fee for the speciality restaurants but do you have to tip the waitstaff too?

Thanks,

Carol

Some do. Some don't. Very interestingly, but on the Coral, there was no place on the check to write in an additional tip. (Sabatini's)

Some folks swear that the waitstaff in the speciality restaurants do their job better there than in the regular dining venues. I didn't find that to be true. Since all the waiters/waitstaff are already part of the tipping pool, regardless of whether they're serving you in the MDR or in the specialty restaurants, I generally don't tip extra.

We always tip about 10 bucks but we make sure to use cash. This way the waiter can keep the tip to himself if he/she choses. We always feel that we get more attentive service in the specialty restaurants.

Archived