JW Marriott Downtown Miami

fchoppa

I just won a bid on priceline for the JW Marriott Downtown Miami in April for 130.00. I have not been able to find much on the hotel here. Has anybody stayed there? Was it good/bad. How far are we from the marketplace and cruise terminal? We are staying one night pre-cruise.

Thanks a lot

Felicia

Excellent hotel....one of my favorite marriotts, and i stay in LOTS of them.

(of course, i am an elite in their rewards program, and i didn't use PL as i want my points and nights' credit!) Not too much right around...a few restaurants...condos and banks....it's very quiet. food in the hotel is pricey....but you can probably pick up something nearby for breakfast...

do NOT take the people mover-it is free, but is really not safe.....stick with cabs.

You're about 10-15 minutes via cab from Bayside or the pier-maybe about $20?

This place may be nicer, and is MUCH closer to the hotel

www.marybrickellvillage.com

I just won a bid on priceline for the JW Marriott Downtown Miami in April for 130.00. I have not been able to find much on the hotel here. Has anybody stayed there? Was it good/bad. How far are we from the marketplace and cruise terminal? We are staying one night pre-cruise.

Thanks a lot

Felicia

Felicia - The hotel is very, very nice. It is more of a business hotel in my opinion, as it is right in the financial / office area. You are on the same road as Bayside marketplace. Long walk or quick cab ride. I did a suprise 40th B-day party for my wife there and then we got on cruise next day. You will like it.

Pat

We stayed there before our cruise on Liberty. Really nice hotel, we walked all over the area, felt quite safe. We also used the free people mover back & forth to Bayside, came back around 10pm, felt quite safe. There were lots of people around.

We did take a cab to the port, very short ride, don't remember the cost, maybe $10 plus tip??

Thanks a lot

Felicia

Hi Felicia!

My name is Felicia too :) Anyway, The JW Marriot is located in the Brickell Area which is also known as the Financial district area. I live two blocks away and its a wonderful neighborhood with plenty of dining and drink options. The hotel has a Starbucks and its very nice...more on the business firendly side. You can walk over to Mary brickell Village or take the metro mover into downtown...short ride. You are no more than 10 minutes from Bayside and the port. I suggest having dinner Rosa Mexicana or drink at Blue Martini. Have fun!

Hi Felicia!

My name is Felicia too :) Anyway, The JW Marriot is located in the Brickell Area which is also known as the Financial district area. I live two blocks away and its a wonderful neighborhood with plenty of dining and drink options. The hotel has a Starbucks and its very nice...more on the business firendly side. You can walk over to Mary brickell Village or take the metro mover into downtown...short ride. You are no more than 10 minutes from Bayside and the port. I suggest having dinner Rosa Mexicana or drink at Blue Martini. Have fun!

Felicia..do you know of a liquor store nearby? We got this hotel too (for our honeymoon!)...I'm excited about the Starbucks. That would be great for a quick snack before boarding! :)

Felicia..do you know of a liquor store nearby? We got this hotel too (for our honeymoon!)...I'm excited about the Starbucks. That would be great for a quick snack before boarding! :)

There is also a better Starbucks in Mary Brickell Village as well....There is a liquor store on 8th st called El Gato Tuerto. (305) 854-8576 I believe they deliver :) Enjoy!! Happy Honeymoon as well :)

Archived