I need help with a stateroom selection on Spirit Please

chrisaf

I have never been on the Spirit before - for any of you who have - I would appreciate help with some questions before I choose a stateroom.

I am looking at a balcony room mid ship on Deck 11. If you have stayed on Deck 11 before - were you happy with this deck? I noticed that there is a pool and also Raffles above on Deck 12 - should I be concerned with any noise from above being just one deck below? Thanks for your help!

I did not stay on Deck 11, but I would be concerned about being below the pool. In the mornings & afternoons, you will likely hear the noise of deck chairs moving around. On some evenings, there is entertainment by the pool.

We stayed on Deck 8 and I loved it! We did not have a balcony room, but a very spacious outside view room in the front corner, cabin 8500. I would book this room again and again! People who had balconies were envious of the space in our cabin.

If you are looking for a balcony cabin, I would recommend deck 9 or 10.

Enjoy!

except for the new balconies, (they just added)...all the balcony cabins are the same size. if it was me, i would go for deck 10 or 9. we had deck 9 (9636). loved the location. near 2 sets of elevators...no inside cabins along the hallway. very quiet.

they do have pool parties, some times the crew will have a private party.

noise carries! it's good idea to get cabins that are under other cabins, much quieter then being under a public area.

except for the new balconies, (they just added)...all the balcony cabins are the same size. if it was me, i would go for deck 10 or 9. we had deck 9 (9636). loved the location. near 2 sets of elevators...no inside cabins along the hallway. very quiet.

they do have pool parties, some times the crew will have a private party.

noise carries! it's good idea to get cabins that are under other cabins, much quieter then being under a public area.

I agree. I did a Balcony on deck nine and was thrilled with it. I was slightly toward the rear of the ship on the port side. between the back elevators and the mid elevators...the locatio was wonderful.

We were in the most aft balcony cabin on the port side and definitely had noise from Raffles Terrace, but it wasn't horrible. Just the crew moving around chairs as they cleaned and set up in the wee hours of the morning.

DH never noticed of course, and once I started sleeping with my ear plugs in, all was well.

If you're a light sleeper, you may want to move down a deck.

We were just on deck 10, and there are inside cabins across the hall. I tried to avoid being across from an inside cabin and ended up across from a crew area. It was mostly quiet, but we did hear more noises than we have previously - just enugh to never be sure if we were hearing someone at our door or just outside noises. The plans for deck 9 show inside cabins for most of that deck also, and it isn't above cabins. There was probably some noise above Champaigne Charley's, but I don't think there would be much noise from the shops or photo center.

A lot of people prefer to get on decks with cabins both above and below if they're looking to minimize risks of noise. We were in #10586 (kids across hall). Anywhere from 3-4 cabins up to 6-8 cabins behind puts you pretty much in center of ship and insides across. Then you'll just have to decide port or starboard side. Enjoy!

If you are able to, make the change. Sailed Spirit - deck 11 - below the gym, which apparently is open 24 hours a day. Who knew that fellow passengers would want to lift (I really mean DROP) weights at 2:00 in the morning. We had to call guest relations a few times to ask that they monitor the room. The noise from the treadmills was not as bothersome.

Just back from two weeks in a port-side balcony aft of the aft elevators on deck 9. Quiet except for the last night when the Spirit production crew premiered a new show, Elements, which was spectacular but LOUD, and the finale of the late show could be heard in our stateroom. The Stardust theater is on decks 7 and 8 behind the aft elevators, so just under all staterooms aft of that elevator bank. I'll bet the folks in inside rooms really heard the music.

We were on the October 9 sailing of the Spirit from Boston. We were in cabin 10578, port side. It was a convenient location with no noise any where. On two previous sailing on NCL and Princess, we were below the gym and pool. There was enough noise to make me book a cabin between cabin floors. The Spirit cabins are smaller than I have experienced but I loved the bathroom, much larger than an previous ships. There was also plenty of storage space.

We were on Deck 11 for 14 nights and had no noise. The ship is well made and just very little to no noise from the deck above.

I have never been on the Spirit before - for any of you who have - I would appreciate help with some questions before I choose a stateroom.

I am looking at a balcony room mid ship on Deck 11. If you have stayed on Deck 11 before - were you happy with this deck? I noticed that there is a pool and also Raffles above on Deck 12 - should I be concerned with any noise from above being just one deck below? Thanks for your help!

We were on the October 9 sailing of the Spirit from Boston. We were in cabin 10578, port side. It was a convenient location with no noise any where. On two previous sailing on NCL and Princess, we were below the gym and pool. There was enough noise to make me book a cabin between cabin floors. The Spirit cabins are smaller than I have experienced but I loved the bathroom, much larger than an previous ships. There was also plenty of storage space.

I found the stateroom bathrooms small. I'm not tall by any means, 5'6" and my knees touched the wall when using the toilet. The sink area was ok with enough storage space for the 3 of us. You're right, there was alot of storage in the room.

Archived