Need Help with Transatlantic Cruise

bardstowntraveller

We are considering a Transatlantic Cruise on Celebrity next year and need help from those of you who have booked one or have done one.

I have been looking at prices of the TA's this year and next and there is a big difference in prices on the Solstice class ships and the other Celebrity ships. We have only sailed on the Solstice and we have another trip planned on the Eclipse. Our first choice would be the 15 night cruise on the Equinox but am wondering if it is worth the cost differential. How different are the Millineum class ships? Are there any ships we should avoid?

When is a good time to book for next year? Should I expect prices to drop on the 2010 sailings?:confused: Normally, I would just book and watch for price drops but it seems like lately Celebrity is limiting a lot of deals to new bookings only.

When we were on the first Solstice TA, we booked AQ early for $1799, and it went up to $2999, then near the end dropped to $2599 with the Military discount.

This coming Solstice TA, we booked C2 for $1599, and now it has dropped with the Military discount to $1099. AQ was $2199, dropped to $1799, and is now $1399 with Military discount.

It's a crap shoot -- supply and demand. I would book early, hoping to get the lowest price, then keep an eye on prices. If they drop, you can get the fare adjusted, and if they drop after final payment, get the difference in OBC.

We are considering a Transatlantic Cruise on Celebrity next year and need help from those of you who have booked one or have done one.

I have been looking at prices of the TA's this year and next and there is a big difference in prices on the Solstice class ships and the other Celebrity ships. We have only sailed on the Solstice and we have another trip planned on the Eclipse. Our first choice would be the 15 night cruise on the Equinox but am wondering if it is worth the cost differential. How different are the Millineum class ships? Are there any ships we should avoid?

When is a good time to book for next year? Should I expect prices to drop on the 2010 sailings?:confused: Normally, I would just book and watch for price drops but it seems like lately Celebrity is limiting a lot of deals to new bookings only.

We have taken one in the past and are taking the Equinox on 10/31/10.

IMHO, I think this cruise is priced good, especially sailing on a brand new ship! Great Itinerary too!

TA's are great because you only have to take that 10 hour flight one way!:D

Come join us @ http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=21670685#post21670685

Archived