Shuttle from San Francisco Airport

Elcruzer

Thanks for info. Don't think we could handle the luggage on the BART. Have used supershuttle in LAX but read somewhere they are not so good in SFO. Did anyone ever use American Airporter? They are listed on SFO site and seem to have a good price if reserved beforehand, and you don't have to give credit card info. But don't want to use them if they are not efficient.

Has anyone used American Airporter shuttle from SFO? /QUOTE]

Shuttle to where? Where do you want to go TO?

If luggage handling is a problem, perhaps LESS luggage?

to Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf

We are senior citizens and going on a 19 day cruise so will have large suitcase plus carryon and would rather not lug them up and down stairs in an unfamiliar transit system.

But you are missing my question, Is American Airporter shuttle reliable?

I'm an air traffic controller at SFO so am familiar with the different Shuttles but have never used any of them. From a review of the different Shuttles online I think American Airporter would be fine. Have a safe trip.

I'm an air traffic controller at SFO so am familiar with the different Shuttles but have never used any of them. From a review of the different Shuttles online I think American Airporter would be fine. Have a safe trip.

Thank you for your input

Please get our AA flight ETA 12:20pm Nov 2 landed safely :)

Thank you for your input

Please get our AA flight ETA 12:20pm Nov 2 landed safely :)

Hi-- I was going to ask what time you got in. Thought we might see you at the airport, but we don't get to SFO until 3:30.. Until Wed then at the M&G. John

I have the shift that day. What is your flight number?

Which one, Elcruzer or bubbachief. Bubbachief's is Virgin America #755 from Seattle. Last few weeks it looked like there were a number of ground delays affecting our flight. Is that typical at this time of year or just last couple of weeks. Bubbachief

We typically get morning stratus or low clouds that affect our arrival rate which then causes a ground delay program. Early flights from back east are usually not affected since we count on clearing by late morning or early afternoon. Arriving from Seattle though could present a problem since we try to meter the west coast traffic to compensate for a late burn off. This is a daily occurrence and I would suggest keeping close contact with Virgin to get any updates. I will say that normally those mid afternoon flights (yours) are less affected than the late morning or early afternoon ones. Take care.

We typically get morning stratus or low clouds that affect our arrival rate which then causes a ground delay program. Early flights from back east are usually not affected since we count on clearing by late morning or early afternoon. Arriving from Seattle though could present a problem since we try to meter the west coast traffic to compensate for a late burn off. This is a daily occurrence and I would suggest keeping close contact with Virgin to get any updates. I will say that normally those mid afternoon flights (yours) are less affected than the late morning or early afternoon ones. Take care.

Hi-- Thanks for the explanation. John

Hi-- I was going to ask what time you got in. Thought we might see you at the airport, but we don't get to SFO until 3:30.. Until Wed then at the M&G. John

Hi John, know you're not staying at the Sheraton but maybe we'll see each other running around SF:). Can't believe its only 1 week away:cool:

GO YANKEES!

I'll keep an eye out for your flight. It looks like you'll have some great weather in the city and if the Bay Bridge is still closed :( you'll have the place to yourselves.

Thanks, it's always good to have someone watching out for you:) Where does the Bay Bridge go to? Why is it closed?

Soman (or anyone else) HELP! My wife and I are flying out of SFO to San Diego on November 18 for our cruise on November 19. We live in Tracy and wonder if anyone has any advice on getting there without having to cross our fingers and prey our daughter does not flake on us! 18 days and counting:D!!! Thanks ahead of time!

If I were you I would just drive myself and park at one of the long term lots. You can typically get a deal if you search on Google. There are some shuttles that service the valley but I don't know of any personally. Another option is to make your way to the Pleasonton BART station and take BART to the Airport. Go to www.flysfo.com for more info. Good luck.

Eleanor - the Bay Bridge connects the East Bay (Oakland, Berkeley, etc.) to San Francisco. It was closed for approximately one week because a cable snapped (hitting a couple of cars). It was re-opened (yesterday, I believe).

Mikefox- Of course you could always just drive... Tracy to SFO, parking, and in the terminal is probably 2 hours on a good day. An hour in advance of departure minimum, 1.5h SFO-SAN, then 1 hour from gate to hotel = 5 hours....you could be at the north edge of LA by then. :) Once I was on a badly delayed flight from SJC-SNA and the door to door time was almost as long as if I had driven. At least Bay Bridge has re-opened!

BTW, were you (or your father) a jeweler in Orange County (Garden Grove) years ago? I realize your name is common but it's a small world sometimes.

Mikefox- I'm not sure I understand your comment about your daughter flaking...if it means she may get cold feet at the last minute, I will gladly fill in for her if she does. I'm 90 minutes from the San Diego cruise port and just need a few hour's notice. :)

BTW, were you (or your father) a jeweler in Orange County (Garden Grove) years ago? I realize your name is common but it's a small world sometimes.

Mikefox- I'm not sure I understand your comment about your daughter flaking...if it means she may get cold feet at the last minute, I will gladly fill in for her if she does. I'm 90 minutes from the San Diego cruise port and just need a few hour's notice. :)

I'd rather not rely on either of them to get us to SFO if I can avoid it. 90 minutes from San Diego!?...got a spare room?:D No jewelers in my family- sorry!

Archived