Halloween Week

grandmaa

There will be a Halloween costume contest, a parade on the promenade, and treats for the kiddies. The ship was also decorated with spiderwebs, and other fun stuff.

I guess it depends on what ship you are on (OP didnt say). Thats what I called the preliminary. The people in costumes went around the circle where you go out to the pool on Ecstasy ... not really a parade, they said to move around so everyone could see them and vote.

We were on the Destiny for Halloween in 2007. They made one of the formal nights dress up or come in costume. You will find that there are people who specifically book a Halloween cruise to dress up and the costumes from sheet over the head to so elaborate and specially made, they could have been movie costumes. We saw some of the most ingenious costumes we have ever seen (we've seen Broadway shows where the costumes were just as elaborate) We didn't "dress up" and that was fine, I would say about 50% went in costume with 30% of that being "elaborate costumes" It was fun to just see and take pictures of the ones that "dressed up" It was mostly adults and adult themed costumes in the evening but the Kids club did have a parade for them in the afternoon all around the ship with pumpkins and it seemed that all the crew were given "treats" for the kids as they passed that part of the ship with their collection bags. Some of the costumes are in our pictures on webshots (it is the Destiny Oct 2007 cruise that has the pictures) (page 11 so you don't have to look through all the pictures to find the costume ones)

Just got off the Triumph & they started decorating towards the end of the cruise & had all the festivities, such as a costume contest, Thriller dance lessons, trick or treating for the kids, etc. I have a few pics up already, but more to follow. Here's the link:

http://secure.smilebox.com/ecom/openTheBox?sendevent=4d5449774d5449324d444d3d0d0a&blogview=true&campaign=blog_instructions_directurl_makeyourown

Sailed on the Freedom Oct. 18 to Oct. 23. Halloween was celebrated on Friday, Oct. 22. We got an e-mail notice from Carnival promoting the Halloween events.

To use the language of Carnival's Satisfaction Survey the Halloween offerings "Need Improvement."

We brought costumes and had fun with it, but there were no trick-or-treat stations, no parade and the costume contest was held in the disco -- so no under 18s allowed. Not sure if the Camp Carnival did anything as we didn't enroll our 10 and 12 year old. But my girls were disappointed that they couldn't participate in the costume contest.

Again, we had fun with it, but the promotion was far greater than the events themselves. We were at least hoping to get some M&Ms. Nope.

I'd bet that the staff members have a lot of influence on just how big a deal Halloween is on a particular ship. In the case of the Freedom, there is room for improvement.

Archived