7 night cruise or 4 cruise/3 Disney World?

longduo

We are thinking of trying a Disney cruise with our son, daughter-in-law and two granddaughters ages 6 and 11. Which option would be better: a 7 night cruise or 3 days at WDW followed by a 4 night cruise? The combo sounds like a good idea, but would it be too tiring? If we do the combo is it better to have the land or the cruise portion first?

The 6 year old has never been to WDW and only we grandparents have cruised.

Usually I tell people to do the 7 day cruise because they are so much fun, however if the 6 year old has never been to WDW I would opt for the land sea package.

I would do WDW first because it is tiring and stressful. Also it will set the mood for the cruise. You can then recover on the cruise and wont be so exhausted when you get home. On the cruise you can be as busy or as relaxing as you want to be. Since your not waiting in lines out in the hot sun its a lot less stressful.

Plus when at WDW I wouldnt try to do it all. That will exhaust everyone and it isnt as much fun. Pick out the highlights you want to do for sure and do those. Then if theres time anything else will just be a fun surprize. You can purchase a DCL transfer and take the cruise bus right from WDW to the port if you want.

That is what we are doing next month. It works great.

The only down side to do a 3 day cruise is youonly have 2 ports. So you must consider that too. Where do you really want to go? If everyone really wants to see ports on the 7 day cruise then the majority should prevail. In a large group sometimes a vote will decide, so its fair.

kathy

Archived