Anyone Else Being Bothered by a PVP?

Yvonne

I got an email just this week from a PVP who was assigned to me after my old one got a promotion.Her email asks that I book with her instead of online because they could be in danger of losing their jobs. I dont really find that appropriate.Im not going to use her anyway because she is not very knowlegable and we just dont gell.I have been usung an online TA recently who is excellent,returns calls and my emails and gets me good deals.

HA! That happened to us too, only ours was named Amy...

We got so many calls that DH thought I must have booked and not told him...

He ended up booking online as a surprise for me, and I think he didn't call her because he was so irritated by all the phone calls. I think though that they must get credit for it anyway because a day or two later we got a call from her again confirming that we booked our cruise online and asking if there was anything else we need....

It's there job, and to be honest... it didn't really bother me with the phone calls and mail. I've been bugging DH to go on another cruise for awhile, and each phone call and piece of mail just kept it fresh in his head.. hahahaha :p:D

My PVP is Ingrid and I do not even have to say my last name when I call her. She always remembers me and also who I like to bring with me on a cruise!!

She emails me on a regular basis to keep me up-to-date on any specials they might have going on.

I really wonder if people for some reason are clicking on the call me button and not realize they have done so. Especially when the rep states a person requested a call. I search all the time in fact every day I am doing some sort of price checking and I have never gotten a phone call from anyone.

In general, my PVP calls when I email him and ask him too. Once, he called about a great deal that I immediately booked.

But a couple of years ago (before the current PVP) one called the house and was really pushy. Kept asking for my husband, and said he booked my husbands last cruise. Say again buster:eek: I question him and then started laughing.

My DH would even know how to go about booking a cruise, I do our bookings. I was really ticked that he lied to me and told him that I would be calling to complain about him. Pushy I can deal with - but lying really made me mad. Didn't hear from him again after I emailed my PVP and gave him the fellow's name.

"Bothered" No, I call it good customer service.

I can't believe you think my experience with that PVP was "good customer service."

Do you think telemarketers are giving "good customer service" as well when they call more than once?

The first phone call was fine, but there should have been no more calls when I politely told her we were not going to be booking a cruise anytime soon, or later, for that matter.

Not "good customer service" at all.

The phone rang the other day. I looked at caller I.D. and it said "Carnival Cruise Line." I answered it with the hopes they were calling to tell me I had won a free cruise. :D No, that wasn't the reason she was calling, darn it. :) She said her name was Jennifer, she was a Carnival personal vacation planner, and she'd seen that I had been looking at their web site and was wondering if she could help me plan a cruise. I said no, I was basically just "dreaming" right now. She said if she could help in the future, to give her a call. I thanked her for calling. Thought that would be it.

A couple days later I got a card in the mail from her, along with two of her business cards. No problem. That was fine.

A couple days later I came home to find a message on my answering machine. Again, from Carnival Cruise Line, again from this same Jennifer said she'd like to help me plan our next cruise, yadda yadda yadda. I just assumed she "forgot" she already had called me so I just deleted the message.

A couple days later the phone rang. Again, it was Carnival Cruise Line. Again it was this same Jennifer. This time I was a little more forceful in letting her know we are not ready to plan another cruise!! She said "oh but you requested someone contact you." Um, no, I didn't!! We have no immediate plans for a cruise now or in the near/distant future.

I hope she stops calling!! It almost makes me not even want to go to the website and do any pricing/looking. :( I mean, I understand she is just trying to make a living but don't they keep track of who they call, so they don't keep calling them?!

Try emailing donotmail@carnival.com include your name. addrees, phone number, e-mail address and tell them to remove your name and telephone number from the call list for PVP and Consumer Sales.. worked like a charm for me!

Archived