Long Beach - LAX or Orange Co. (SNA)

shawilson

Going on the Pride out of Long Beach on 11/06/05. Have heard horror stories about LAX. Would it be better to fly into Orange County and take a shuttle into Long Beach? We will be going in a day early and staying at a hotel. Time is not an issue, major hassles are.

Hi there, I live here and must tell you that at times the horror stories about LAX can be true. But there are times when it goes smoothly as well. However given a choice I would always book into first Long Beach Airport if at all possible and my second choice would be John Wayne Orange County. Both airports are good, so much Less Stress. You can shuttle from either one to the cruise terminal. Long Beach Airport is only 15 minutes or so from the terminal and Orange County on a good day with out traffice 30 minutes. But be aware that going to and coming from the Orange County airport you go by way of the 405 freeway, nortorious for traffic.

Hope this helps.

Cori

• 2 weeks later...

I live in LA area and I only half agree with the previous poster. LB airport is a better option than LAX, but JW can be a nightmare for various reasons so I would not choose it as an option. Also the airport taxes are higher at JW, so your flight will cost more and so will transportation to the port. If you can't get a flight to LB airport from your area, then I'd go with LAX. It's not that bad and an easy taxi or shuttle ride to the port. Happy Sailing!

Archived