Christmas decorations?

mistysue

We were on Solstice last Dec. (12/7-12/14), and the ship was decorated. It looked just beautiful.

We were on the Solstice cruise right before you, and they started decorating a couple of days into the cruise. We agree -- it was beautiful.

Thank you all for your inputs., sounds promising. We are looking forward to this cruise very much. It isn't like we've never cruised before, but its our first on Celebrity and from everything we've been told here on the boards., we will not be disappointed. Happy sailing :)

We are on Equinox 11/23 - 12/4. I hope they decorate during our cruise so we get to see it. The first Equinox decorations - how exciting!

Me too (same cruise) and me too (hope they have them up!):)

PS On our Millie in 2007 (12/13) they did NOT decorate at all. Not sure what they did after we got off on the 20th.:mad:

Millennium in 2008 they did decorate, but I would say it was fairly muted. Most of the difference was in the foyer, and there were a few other seasonal touches elsewhere.

We were on the Carnival Imagination right after Thanksgiving and the ship was already decorated for Christmas. Last year, we cruised the first week in January and the decorations were still up and came down on the 5 day of the cruise.

Me too (same cruise) and me too (hope they have them up!):)

Have you been on our cruise thread to meet everyone else going? And signed up for the Connections party?

cruise thread - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?=763900

party sign up - https://secure.celebritycruises.com/cruisecritic/home.do

One thing to keep in mind is who the cruise director is.

We were on the Summit on Christmas of 2008. The ship was decorated but not quite to the extent that we expected. Don't get me wrong - it was still very pretty but not quite what we expected.

Our cabin attendant told us that it was due to the cruise director and that they were trying to be 'politically correct' and not offend anyone.

Either way - you'll have a good time!

We were on the Summit on Christmas of 2008. The ship was decorated but not quite to the extent that we expected. Don't get me wrong - it was still very pretty but not quite what we expected.

Our cabin attendant told us that it was due to the cruise director and that they were trying to be 'politically correct' and not offend anyone.

Aaak. Political correctness drives me batty. I have no problem seeing other religions represented during the holidays. Just put the decorations up for pity sake!:mad:

The Hotel Director on the Solstice told me that Celebrity hires an outside company to decorate. I doubt if the cruise director has much say.

The Hotel Director on the Solstice told me that Celebrity hires an outside company to decorate. I doubt if the cruise director has much say.

I wonder when they started having an outside company decorate? When I asked about the fact that they had no Christmas tree up and it was around 12/21, they said that they just had not had the time to do it yet.:confused:

We have seen both ways on ships at Christmas. Some go all out and others are subdued. The ones that were not very well decorated blamed it off on political correctness. I personally think it is more trouble than that crew is willing to do. That is a shame. I do understand that it takes a lot of time to put it up and take it down. However, it is their home, why not make it look its best for holidays.

We are on the Equinox for Xmas and hope it is one of those that take a lot of pride and time in these holidays. The worst was the Century, the best was the Rhapsody of the Seas.

Archived