any e-cig vapers who have cruised recently?

bonsat

I actually quit smoking two years ago so don't need an e-cig for that but - I wonder if it would be the answer to helping me lose some of the weight I have gained. When I smoked, it was so much easier to keep the weight off - think this (without nicotine) could serve the same purpose?

in my case, i have gained 6 lbs. in 3 months which is typical when you give up smoking. what it does do is give you oral gratification in case you have the urge to smoke. i am working on taking off a few lbs. before my cruise on 12/4.

I hate to see people who have quit for any length of time, go back to nicotine just to keep weight off. I admire folks who were able to quit cold turkey and not look back. I was never able to do that. When you have smoked for 40 years, it is very dfficult. I am so happy for E-cigs. Do a lot of research before picking one, there are a lot of them out there that are not the best. Do a search on internet for E-cig message boards and get feed back from many people who use them and what brand. That is what I did.

btw, don't let negative people and their links intimidate you. Most of the time those people don't smoke or vape but think they are an authority on the subject. That's how these posts end up being closed. OP asked a legitimate question and has gotten good feedback.

Hi, Jeano222 - I did say in my post that I would try it WITHOUT nicotine (I know you can order them that way). I, too, would never go back to smoking cigarettes - just thought the act of "smoking" would help the diet.

E-cigs solve the second-hand smoke situation, so that's great in my book. Whether or not the user is at risk, that's his/her business. It's no different than someone using lots of butter or drinking sugared soft drinks. It doesn't jeopardize the health or enjoyment of others.

Sandymc, I agree that the no nicotine vape could help with weight control, especially if you would be tempted to throw up your hands in frustration and go back to regular cigarettes. E-cigs satisfy one of the biggest problems and that is keeping you busy with your hands. Non-smokers don't really understand that it's not just a physical addiction it is an emotional one as well, and the emotional one is even harder to overcome. Sad but true.

imo, even though i am an ardent vaper, if you have stopped smoking altogether and for a long period of time, you should not begin vaping for the sake of weight control. go to weight watchers or some other group. they are all excellent for small weight reduction. don't put yourself into a new habit when you can accomplish the same thing or probably even more with a little will-power.

anyway, it's not helping me lose weight at all.

no one will question you about the e-cig at the airport. i carried it in my purse, and it went right through the xray, no problem. i even smoked it in the waiting room and on the airplane. i was surreptitious--i bent down and blew the vapor downward. no sense making enemies on a plane. no one even noticed.

as far as making my own juice, i got recipes on the e-cig forum thread called diy--do it yourself. i use refillable cartridges for my joy 510 and add the mixture directly to the filler in the cartridge. my favorite is a blend of vegetable glycerine, grain alcohol, menthol crystals and candy flavorings that i order online. occasionally i add a touch of tobacco flavored nicotine solution that i order on line from one of the many vendors. it depends who is having a sale. with all the problems the fda is giving us vapers, my daughter and i have stockpiled batteries, atomizers, empty cartridges and nicotine solution.

all the info you will need can be found on the e-cig forum. it is a lot of fun to make your own custom juice and it is so much cheaper than buying ready made, especially if you do not use nicotine.

I immediately thought of the discussion here when I read this:-

Freaky Fug Friday Winner!

After over 600 entries, and over 19,000 votes, we finally have a winner in our inaugural Freaky Fug Friday contest!

By the slimmest of margins, we're happy to anoint Heather

(not GFY Heather) the champion! With no further ado, here is the winning entry:

spl134403_014-thumb-420x710.jpg

Lady Victoria Hervey – She’s smoking a Smokestik which is a tobacco-free electronic nicotine dispenser that she herself designed (!) and which has her family crest on it (!!) as well “a bejewelled tip” (!!!)

Source: http://gofugyourself.celebuzz.com/index3.html

I immediately thought of the discussion here when I read this:-

Freaky Fug Friday Winner!

After over 600 entries, and over 19,000 votes, we finally have a winner in our inaugural Freaky Fug Friday contest!

By the slimmest of margins, we're happy to anoint Heather

(not GFY Heather) the champion! With no further ado, here is the winning entry:

spl134403_014-thumb-420x710.jpg

Lady Victoria Hervey – She’s smoking a Smokestik which is a tobacco-free electronic nicotine dispenser that she herself designed (!) and which has her family crest on it (!!) as well “a bejewelled tip” (!!!)

Source: http://gofugyourself.celebuzz.com/index3.html

That's not me either:D.

Bonsat, I think this is fantastic and I have never heard of them!!! I'm wondering if it's something that would help my husband who smokes a pipe now and then.

As most agree, it has to be healthier than smoking cigarettes and the added bonus of creating no second hand damage, how could anyone argue its value?

Congrats, Bonsat, on your achievement! And also thanks for the heads up.

Archived