Transportation from cruise port to cruise port

zellers

Does anyone have suggestions on the best way to get from one cruise port to another at reasonable rates?

We are cruising from Port of Miami and upon returning back, we need to travel to Ft. Lauderdale catching our other cruise from Port Everglades.

Thanks, for the help!

There is a shuttle that normaly will take you to the airport for 15 bucks apiece ,Im sure the shuttle guy will drop you off at port everglade for the same price,its right close to the airport.

There is a shuttle that normaly will take you to the airport for 15 bucks apiece ,Im sure the shuttle guy will drop you off at port everglade for the same price,its right close to the airport.

We are hoping to find transportation just from port to port without having to to go to the airports. I have tried to find some taxi services, but the most economical one has replied with a cost of $85, and I think it is a private individual not a company. I've contacted S.A.S. rides, and they will not go into the Port of Miami because of it being too busy. I guess we have the option of Carnival transportation, or a car rental as someone else has mentioned.

What about public transportation? Has anyone on c.c. done this? Miami to Ft. Lauderdale isn't far, about 40 minutes. Just a thought.

Thanks again, for the help!:)

There will be taxis at the ship. When you disembark, there are always taxis waiting that will be delighted to drive you to FLL/Port Everglades.

The fare should be about $80 plus tip depending upon traffic and the ride should take about 40 minutes, again depending upon traffic.

You have no need to go near the airport connecting from one port to the other.

Think about it........ There certainly have to be taxis at the ship when guests disembark.

Of all the folks getting off the ship, many are depending upon taxis to take them to hotels for post cruise stays and to the airport. You can grab any one of those taxis and ask to be taken to FLL.

What about public transportation? Has anyone on c.c. done this? Miami to Ft. Lauderdale isn't far, about 40 minutes. Just a thought.

Thanks again, for the help!:)

I see you are from Canada ... I'm from Canada also but have lived in the States for several years. Just a word about public transit, other than in the major cities, public transit isn't quite the same as it is at home. I absolutely take the El in Chicago, the subway in New York and Marta in Atlanta, but have not had good experiences with public transit in most other cities. It isn't as popular, so you tend to have to wait a long time and take long, circuitous routes to get anywhere.

I'd probably take the taxi - even $85 is cheap!

Thanks very much everyone.

And yes, we are from Canada. With a name like Zellers you can be sure we are looking for good value!!:D Although, Walmart is slowly doing them in!

I was wondering why, I couldn't find too much information on public transportation...now I know why. Rest assured, we will find a way of getting to our destination even if we hitchhike!:D:D

:)

from my research, you can spend about $25 on a cab to the MIA airport...then take the train to FLL for about $4-6 pp (i can't remember exactly how much it was)...then take a cab to the pier.

renting a car one way from POM (none located right there at the actual pier)is a nightmare as we witnessed it first hand and dh & I made mental notes that we never ever wanted to do this. the long lines and wait were not what we wanted to do.

If nothing else, I'd take the SaS shuttle to the airport if they will not drop you off at the pier....then get a cab from the airport to the pier....

or just splurge on the cab and save yourself some worry and time.

Wow! Thanks, for all the great responses and many ideas on what options we have on transportation. We'll have to see if our pockets will be half full, or very deep when it comes time, for our second cruise ( LOL :D ) But, if you see a couple of hitch-hikers on the road.........:D

We didn't realize how difficult traveling around Florida will be. We've been overseas, and of course where we live without any worries of going from A - B just taking public transit. When I booked the second cruise, as it was more economical doing that than renting a vehicle and hoteling it, I figured it would be no problem going from Miami to Ft. Lauderdale, as it is only about a 4o minute drive...( mapquest )

We're looking forward to the Sunshine State, and the challenges of travel!:D

Archived