What type of Cabin for family of 3?

abbyrose

Last cruise we did inside cabin, hated it! But its soooo much cheaper to do an inside cabin. My parents told us a balcony would be great since we have a 2 yr old we will be taking. We aren't sure which way to go, want the best for our money and yet want to do somewhat cheap. Thoughts??

We have had both and, when my son was that old, preferred the inside cabin since it can always be dark enough and quiet enough for a nap. Also, some folks stress about little ones and balconies.

Go with an inside and use the extra money for fun!:cool:

I would actually suggest getting a balcony. If you look, you can find good deals on some of them. We had one with an obstructed view on our last cruise. Although you could not look straight down and see the water, you could see straight out. We loved it. They were about $300 cheaper pp, saving us $1200 on two cabins.

This will give you an additional 'room'. It will allow you to go outside and talk and relax without having to worry about waking up the 2yr old during naps, and after going to sleep at night.

Never cruised with a 2 yr old but took lots of trips when my kids were young. Very helpful to have someplace to go when the little one is sleeping. I've sat in hallways, on balconies and in corners of hotel rooms while they slept(reading mostly). If you get an inside it may be too small and too dark to do anything while the little one sleeps so unless you plan to sleep when he sleeps, I'd go with the balcony. I wouldn't worry about the balcony unless you plan to allow him out there by himself (which I know being a good parent you wouldn't!).

Thanks! It's only 100.00 more for the 3 of us for from ocean to balcony so if it was a bigger price difference then we'd just do ocean view. I'm not worried about the balcony, she knows not to go ANYWHERE with out us and we wouldn't even give her the opportunity to do so. So I am not worried about safety, I was just curious what other cruisers has done with young kids. I think we'll do the balcony :) Thanks!!

We just returned from the Liberty with our 20 month old and booked a jr. suite. The larger size of the stateroom was very comfortable with 3 people. There is also a large walk in closet, where we put the pack and play, which gave the little one a somewhat separate sleep area. We ended up spending a lot more time than usual in our cabin (nap times, earlier to bed, etc.) so having the balcony and added storage and room space really helped.

Archived