Room 6176/Pride??

sisterfate

Too funny, that was our cabin when we sailed in September. Cabin was great, wonderful location, cabin steward was good, little fridge in the room not so good (took it about 3 days before items began to feel cold). Sergey however did a good job of keeping our bucket filled iwth ice for our drinks though. Balcony was great, you do however see the tops of the lifeboats if you look straight down but sitting in the chairs it was a wonderful view. Didn't hear any noise from any cabins around us, and didn't overly feel any ship motion. We did have one day where the captain had the ship going pretty fast to get out of a storm that was heading north as we went south, that had a bit more movement.

We enjoyed the trip, think Carnival could do a better job of overall ship maintenance. For instance we thought there was an extreme number of blown light bulbs through out the ship, fixtures having two different types of bulbs in it etc. There is some rope cording used throughout the ship that is missing in areas that could be replaced, tiles around the pool all are coming out, laying all over the place. Would really think Joe Farcus would have come up with something better than those little itty bitty tiles that don't stay in well as it looks horrible with how many are now missing. Overall the ship would be exceptionally beautiful if it had a little better maintenance.

Too funny, that was our cabin when we sailed in September. Cabin was great, wonderful location, cabin steward was good, little fridge in the room not so good (took it about 3 days before items began to feel cold). Sergey however did a good job of keeping our bucket filled iwth ice for our drinks though. Balcony was great, you do however see the tops of the lifeboats if you look straight down but sitting in the chairs it was a wonderful view. Didn't hear any noise from any cabins around us, and didn't overly feel any ship motion. We did have one day where the captain had the ship going pretty fast to get out of a storm that was heading north as we went south, that had a bit more movement.

We enjoyed the trip, think Carnival could do a better job of overall ship maintenance. For instance we thought there was an extreme number of blown light bulbs through out the ship, fixtures having two different types of bulbs in it etc. There is some rope cording used throughout the ship that is missing in areas that could be replaced, tiles around the pool all are coming out, laying all over the place. Would really think Joe Farcus would have come up with something better than those little itty bitty tiles that don't stay in well as it looks horrible with how many are now missing. Overall the ship would be exceptionally beautiful if it had a little better maintenance.

See and I disagree....I didn't notice any major defects or maintenance issues. I thought the ship was really beautiful. I guess I was just in awe having my first balcony room, lol.

Cool to find someone who was in that exact room. Thank you for all the useful info. My husband and I will be on the Pride for our 10th anniversary in January. We can't wait!

See and I disagree....I didn't notice any major defects or maintenance issues. I thought the ship was really beautiful. I guess I was just in awe having my first balcony room, lol.

It actually depends on your job as to what type of things you would notice. My boyfriend is in facility maintenance and he would have replaced their light bulbs if he could have LOL!!!

I know at dinner we counted over 30 blown bulbs in an area that covered less than 6 tables. The candleabras had two different type of bulbs in them - the round ones clearly do not belong in that type of light fixture.

The plastic around our lighting in our vanity was cracked all the way around the left corner. Cording was missing in many areas as you could still see the glue from where it used to be. The tiles around the pool were awful there were hundreds of those missing (I am referring to the little tiny tiles where you sit around the pool etc) also they were just laying around on the ground where they had fallen off. My boyfriend also touched a light fixture and had a huge amount of dust came off of it.

I did find the ship beautiful however there seems to be no pride in the Pride in regards to her overall upkeep.

I totally loved the see through stairs going up to Davids, they are pretty neat to walk on (and weird feeling too). Didn't mind the overall decor or design theme. I would sail on the ship again, but would like a different itinerary. Sure would love to be able to afford the suite again too.

• 1 year later...

Archived