Owner's Suite on Monarch of the Seas

We are sailing on Monarch of the Seas June 21, 2010. (I am so excited because my father is taking my entire family on this cruise!) My brother and his family have an owner's suite and my family has an owner's suite. My dad and my son are sharing a Junior Suite.

Would anyone have photos of the Owner's Suite, and what perks are all included with having this room. (Our perk is that it brings us up to Platinum Level after this cruise! :D)

BTW -- I love being on this site because I can share my enthusiasm with all of you!

Thanks so much!

Unfortunately, the JS occupants won't get the "suite" benefits that the OS's will....like reserved seating in the theater and around the pool...of course, the suite occupants don't have to avail themselves of that, to be with the JS occupants.

Unfortunately, the JS occupants won't get the "suite" benefits that the OS's will....like reserved seating in the theater and around the pool...of course, the suite occupants don't have to avail themselves of that, to be with the JS occupants.

I don't think there's seating at the pool for suites on Monarch. In the theater, the seating is all the way back in the center under the balcony. You're probably better getting there early and getting a better seat. I didn't go to any shows, but we were told they weren't really checking seapass cards for people sitting there.

1510 is great as it has the same size balcony as the RS, 1520's balcony is about 5 feet shorter.

Hopefully you'll get Herschel for your room attendant. He had been bumped down to deck 3 because a diamond member made a complaint, and was working his way back up. He is the best we've ever had by far. When we were on the repo, we were confined to the cabin because Nancy had stomach issues and they were confining anyone in case it was noro (which it wasn't - she was cured with one dose of immodium). We were not able to get off the ship in Costa Rica. Herschel went off in Costa Rica and bough us souveniers with his own money because we couldn't leave. Brought tears to Nancy's eyes.

There is no reserved seating by the pool (or at least there wasn't any last April). Since there is no CL on Monarch, there is no issue with JS vs OS for the most part. Also, never saw (or noticed) any special seating in the theater--and the shows did not seem to fill up way ahead of time anyway.

We were just on Monarch Oct 2 in an OS. Sorry but other than priority check in, there is nothing. There is no reserved seating anywhere, and since there is no CL you are basically out of luck there. Enjoy the cabin though. You may want to check in the VC lounge as that is where the Diamond continental breakfast 8am -10am and Diamond cocktail hour from 5-8:30 is each day.(free red wine or champagne with discounted cocktails). We are Diamond, so we never really thought about if it included suite guests too. There were only about 6-10 pax in there each evening when we stopped in.

We sailed in the RS on Monarch back in late April. We did receive a bottle of champagne as well as small food plates (chocolate strawberries one night, sushi another, cheese a third) before dinner. I believe the food plates were tied in to being in a suite and not based on crown & anchor status. There was also the priority theater seating but no pool seating or priority tender tickets for Cococay.

We spoke with a couple in a GS on that cruise (they were platinum) and they also received the food plates but I'm not sure about the champagne. I would think in the OS you should at least get the food plates unless, as the previous poster seems to indicate, they have stopped doing that now.

I don't think there's seating at the pool for suites on Monarch. In the theater, the seating is all the way back in the center under the balcony. You're probably better getting there early and getting a better seat. I didn't go to any shows, but we were told they weren't really checking seapass cards for people sitting there.

1510 is great as it has the same size balcony as the RS, 1520's balcony is about 5 feet shorter.

Hopefully you'll get Herschel for your room attendant. He had been bumped down to deck 3 because a diamond member made a complaint, and was working his way back up. He is the best we've ever had by far. When we were on the repo, we were confined to the cabin because Nancy had stomach issues and they were confining anyone in case it was noro (which it wasn't - she was cured with one dose of immodium). We were not able to get off the ship in Costa Rica. Herschel went off in Costa Rica and bough us souveniers with his own money because we couldn't leave. Brought tears to Nancy's eyes.

Because of a single complaint he was downgraded? That's hard to believe.

Because of a single complaint he was downgraded? That's hard to believe.

Yes - we agree that to us it was unfair. Of course, there are 2 sides to every story.........

After our canal cruise (mostly because of what he did for us in Costa Rica), we sent a letter to corporate. Because of that he won employee of the month, including a DVD player and some other perks. I think if they have to take the good comments seriously, they also have to take the bad ones seriously. From his point of view, that's part of the package.

Archived