Does anyone have a name of someone (anyone) in the upsell department?

supercrunch

A real nice response by a mod. Perhaps you are better suited to post in that crazies chat room and talk about laundry, kethcup and all that other nonsense posted there.

I believe he was just pointing out that NONE of us are allowed to post TA / PVP names on this board.

Now I'm going back to my crazies thread for a little more ketchup :p

A real nice response by a mod. Perhaps you are better suited to post in that crazies chat room and talk about laundry, kethcup and all that other nonsense posted there.

Oh... thank you so much for spending enough time on our meaningless thread to pick up so many of the phrases used there!

Unless you don't understand, we can not post numbers of PVPs, TAs, CVPs or any of that ilk here so no, I can't post it.

Questions??

:)

Oh... thank you so much for spending enough time on our meaningless thread to pick up so many of the phrases used there!

Unless you don't understand, we can not post numbers of PVPs, TAs, CVPs or any of that ilk here so no, I can't post it.

Questions??

Enough time? Perhaps 2 minutes was enough months ago to get the drift of all that nonsense. Yeah bubba I understand the rules but the way you posted to the OP it was obvious the OP did not realize it. Perhaps a bit more explanation would have been in order? Is that not what a mod should do?

Enough time? Perhaps 2 minutes was enough months ago to get the drift of all that nonsense. Yeah bubba I understand the rules but the way you posted to the OP it was obvious the OP did not realize it. Perhaps a bit more explanation would have been in order? Is that not what a mod should do?

Somebody didn't take their happy pills today ;)

The OP, and everyone on this board knows the rules... otherwise they should have never checked the "I agree to these guidelines" when they signed up ;) You are acting as if Mach said he was going to slay their first born child... I just don't understand why you are upset... he stated that he didn't, and even if he did he couldn't post it here... didn't say he WOULDN'T post it here, just that he couldn't... nobody can play dumb about that rule, we all agreed to it :)

I don't know? Is it? We constantly see folks with thousands of post inserting PVP or TA names and contact info here? Shouldn't they know better, bubba?

I told the OP that I couldn't post it here. I think that's pretty plain. Sorry if you don't believe it was.

I can see how the post could have been taken to sound abrupt ... came off that way too when I first read it. ... ..that's what is wrong with the internet, hard to see how something is meant.

Im not sure how someone could know that just naming the first name of a upsell person is wrong, as I have seen emails posted here that were not deleted and the contact info was included. Iv gotten at least 5 contact names from upsell posted here on CC myself I wrote down. I dont think its clear that upsell is considered a PVP, so glad that is cleared up. I wasnt sure.

Well I knew exactly what Mach meant. I guess I had always thought no names were really to be mentioned. While I find the rule a bit odd, I suppose I can also see the reason for it. (Might have too many begin to use things for advertising, etc.).

And how does anyone else know that the OP didn't know what he meant, I don't see where they have posted any response back on this thread or perhaps I am missing something?

People are definately way too touchy anymore. As for the threads on groups etc I just don't look at those unless I have an interest in those threads.

Nope... I don't but even if I did I couldn't post it here...

Mach

Question for you. I understand why we cannot give out names of travel agents, pvp, etc.

However when someone is trying to get the name of someone from the upsell dept (they have already booked with Carnival) what is the rationale for not giving out that info?

Sorry for the idiot trying to bait you.

Stu

I can see how the post could have been taken to sound abrupt ... came off that way too when I first read it. ... ..that's what is wrong with the internet, hard to see how something is meant.

Im not sure how someone could know that just naming the first name of a upsell person is wrong, as I have seen emails posted here that were not deleted and the contact info was included. Iv gotten at least 5 contact names from upsell posted here on CC myself I wrote down. I dont think its clear that upsell is considered a PVP, so glad that is cleared up. I wasnt sure.

A lot of the problem is that we have to rely heavily on the members to police the boards. If someone doesn't report a post we most likely won't know that there's a problem and a post will stand.

The Cruise Critic boards get about 14,000 posts as day and of those about 5 to 6,000 land here. There's no way to be able to read that many posts. Additionally, hosts have multiple forums to monitor. I have 13, I know one host who has about 20.

We do what we can. We need everyone's help to know when violations occur...

Mach

Question for you. I understand why we cannot give out names of travel agents, pvp, etc.

However when someone is trying to get the name of someone from the upsell dept (they have already booked with Carnival) what is the rationale for not giving out that info?

Stu

From what I understand, ANYONE that sells travel cannot be mentioned here... and those in the upsell dept are selling travel. Things used to be pretty bad around here before that rule was put in place... just like the idiot that just posted about the new cruise booking site... used to happen all the time, people would get screwed over, etc and come back here raising cane about it...

Somebody didn't take their happy pills today ;)

The OP, and everyone on this board knows the rules... otherwise they should have never checked the "I agree to these guidelines" when they signed up ;) You are acting as if Mach said he was going to slay their first born child... I just don't understand why you are upset... he stated that he didn't, and even if he did he couldn't post it here... didn't say he WOULDN'T post it here, just that he couldn't... nobody can play dumb about that rule, we all agreed to it :)

Get real! How many people do you think actually read that drivel? Not many, I'm sure. It's just posting on a website owned and operated by a travel agency. They're not posting state secrets.

For someone who obviously doesn't "know the rules" the hosts post could have been taken the wrong way. Most of the posters here need to get over themselves.

Mach

Stu

Hi, Stu...

It boils down to Cruise Critic's agreement with the folks who advertise here. Providing names, contact information, etc of a TA, PVP, CVP or whatever is free advertising and dilutes the effectiveness of the paid ads.

After all... someone's gotta pay for all this!!!

Get real! How many people do you think actually read that drivel? Not many, I'm sure. It's just posting on a website owned and operated by a travel agency. They're not posting state secrets.

For someone who obviously doesn't "know the rules" the hosts post could have been taken the wrong way. Most of the posters here need to get over themselves.

If you don't read the rules, you have no right to complain about them when you break them. Geez, aren't we all adults that can take responsibility for ourselves?

And I agree with you about many of the posters here needing to get over themselves :rolleyes:

If you don't read the rules, you have no right to complain about them when you break them. Geez, aren't we all adults that can take responsibility for ourselves?

And I agree with you about many of the posters here needing to get over themselves :rolleyes:

I personally think the rule about posting TA info, that CC would reword it so its more expansive, so folks do understand. Its such a broad umbrella and the rule as its written isnt written broadly. I think the rule is confusing. Upsell doesnt book the cruise .. just puts you in a more expensive cabin ... they dont do any booking per se of new bookings. At most some TA gets more commission, doesnt affect the PVPs at all.

I think the rules could be made clearer myself, but thats just me.

For what it's worth, I didn't know it was against the rules...and even after Host Mach's post, I still didn't know. (I thought he was just being snarky)

But now I know :)

I didn't realize it would be so hard to give Carnival more money. They have been calling every day and we finally caught the call, and decided we'll take it and now we can't get Carnival to connect us with someone because we can't remember the guy's name. Oh well, I guess we'll just stay put.

Archived