Is your favorite cruise line today....

Bridge Maven

We've sailed NCL, Carnival, Celebrity and RCI. RCI was our first cruise, Mariner of the Seas. I STILL, to this day, prefer RCI ships. That doesn't mean I won't check out HAL or try a different ship on Carnival or whatever if the intinerary is attractive, but I do like RCI ships and can't wait to sail on her newest, the behemoth Oasis of the Seas.

My first two cruises were on Carnival .. not knowing any better .. I would have said they were my favorite. BUT after trying HAL twice now.. they are my favorite.. I have tried many inbetween NCL, RCL.. love , love , love HAL..................

Will never sail RCCL again because of them canceling a cruise and leaving me with a $450.00 bill. Plus there are some "agents" that are fanatical about "their" line. Princess is the line now.

You told me it was Disney now? You were taking them to Alaska too. :confused:

That is going to be one big unhappy Mouse. :eek:

We have sailed Princess 5 times and just got back from a Carnival Cruise on the Destiny. We chose Carnival to take my mom on a short 5 day cruise. I didn't like Carnival and can't wait to go back to Princess. The ship felt crowded and dark, the common areas felt compact, the atrium is nothing but a giant dark bar - just not my cup of tea. Princess is just a good fit for my cruising group. Even though other lines have bigger balcony cabins, I will stick with Princess. But, differences are what makes the world go 'round. It's good that the lines are all different to accommodate many varied personalities and cruising wants and needs.

You told me it was Disney now? You were taking them to Alaska too. :confused:

That is going to be one big unhappy Mouse. :eek:

Alexis, thank you for asking and I am doing both. The prices were so good compared to RCCL that we will do Princess next year and Disney 2011.(when they start) We are really looking foward to both. Hope you have delightful cruises in your future.:)

My first cruise was on Celebrity, and it's remained my favorite. But, we sail for itinerary, time of year, and price, so we have tried three other lines since. We really enjoyed NCL in January and booked another with them for next spring. We enjoy NCL for different reasons, and the spring cruise is to ports we've not visited so that is a huge plus for us.

Happy ks - we try to cruise once a year and do a land trip once a year (or more when possible). We took a few days before our Spirit cruise in January to see a small bit of New Orleans, and will probably go back at some point - especially for the food! We spent 10 days in DC, and still didn't see everything, but definitely got our walking exercise. It is amazing, and we will go back within the next few years. We do plan on going to Savannah at some point, but I think we may be doing the Disney thing this summer, but I don't know if we're going East or West coast.

NCL is our favorite right now both because of free style and the suite perks. For a balcony cabin I would go back to Carnival. I doubt we will do RCCL or HAL again, although we enjoyed them very much (and I think HAL has the best sized cabins of any line) they are just too formal for our tastes now. Still haven't done Princess and are looking at trying them if we can get over the 'need' for NCL's Cagney breakfast. :)

For the overall experience, my favorite line is Princess; but for price it's Carnival.

Same here I love Princess but I still cruise with carnival because their prices are great. But then again I would stay in a broom closet on any cruiseline LOL. Like many of us on these boards we are cruiseaholics !!:)

Alexis, thank you for asking and I am doing both. The prices were so good compared to RCCL that we will do Princess next year and Disney 2011.(when they start) We are really looking foward to both. Hope you have delightful cruises in your future.:)

The Mouse is happy again. :)

We have never been on any cruise or line that we did not like. We found something to like in all of them.

My husband and I just love to cruise. :D

My first cruise was on Celebrity, and it's remained my favorite. But, we sail for itinerary, time of year, and price, so we have tried three other lines since. We really enjoyed NCL in January and booked another with them for next spring. We enjoy NCL for different reasons, and the spring cruise is to ports we've not visited so that is a huge plus for us.

Happy ks - we try to cruise once a year and do a land trip once a year (or more when possible). We took a few days before our Spirit cruise in January to see a small bit of New Orleans, and will probably go back at some point - especially for the food! We spent 10 days in DC, and still didn't see everything, but definitely got our walking exercise. It is amazing, and we will go back within the next few years. We do plan on going to Savannah at some point, but I think we may be doing the Disney thing this summer, but I don't know if we're going East or West coast.

We like to do things out of/near the port we sail also. When we took our Alaska cruise, we went to the Space Needle in Settle pre cruise. Post cruise we spent a day taking our time on the scenic highway form Seward to Anchorage(we rented a van instead of taking the bus or train) before we took an evening flight home.

After our cruise out of San Juan, we stayed over 2 days and enjoyed Puerto Rico before flying home. We flew to England several days early before our transatlantic in order to have time to see Westminster Abbey, Stonehnege, Bath, and Dover castle. Even in FL, we usually stay over a night or two and enjoy a beach, or an attraction such as Bush Gardens, Sea World, etc. We really enjoyed Butterfly World in Ft. Lauderdale. We recommend anyone flying there for a cruise to take an extra day, rent a car, enjoy that, and take an evening flight home. The same goes for Pt. Canaveral, before you head to Orlando for your flight, spend a couple of days there and see the space center. The space center takes 2 days to really see everything.

We still hope to some time take a west coast cruise. We always said we would stay at the Queen Mary, but with all this paranormal talk, I think we will just tour her, and stay elsewhere!

We don't have a real favorite, we choose for itinerary & cost first. Cruise line comes a distant 2nd.

I wouldn't discount a cruise line based on one cruise experience. There are things I have liked and disliked on each one I've experienced. And each has been different.

About the only way to truly compare is to book the same itinerary, same time, same excursions, etc., which I don't care to do.

This is the best answer as to closest to my opinion. While there are benefits of being totally loyal to one line as to receiving perks, you can't always find the itinerary or other ameneties you might enjoy by not trying someone new. I've found that with the right attitude, you can have a fabulous time on any cruise you choose. I've been on Cunard twice, HAL six times, Princess once, Celebrity once, RCCL twice, and NCL three times.

I would enjoy sailing on any of them again, but I would also like to try others, if the right itinerary and price came along.

Archived