Pricing and Wait time for November 9 Dream Booking?

sharktums

Hey everyone!

I haven't taken a Disney cruise since I was a senior in High School, but now with a 2.5 year old litte girl I'm really considering it once again. Was drooling at the new ship today and wondering if any of you had heard anything about pricing or how long the waits will be on Monday, November 9th to try and book something.

Do you think I need to call that morning? Is it expected to sell out for the first few months? I'm fine with a lowly inside cabin (especially if Peach comes to visit us on the screen!) We'd like to do a B2B as a 3 or 4 day just isn't long enough for a cruise.

We've been sailing mostly RC and Princess lately, but I'd really like to get back on Disney, it's just been hard to justify the extra money for an older ship but this new ship looks justifiable!

Are there deck plans out anywhere yet? Any cabin suggestions? I tried to 'look up' my old Castaway Cay membership online but I'm guessing since the cruise was 10 years ago it's gone. Do you think if I call they can help me, or does it really even matter?

Would love any help you can offer! Thanks!

Hey everyone!

I haven't taken a Disney cruise since I was a senior in High School, but now with a 2.5 year old litte girl I'm really considering it once again. Was drooling at the new ship today and wondering if any of you had heard anything about pricing or how long the waits will be on Monday, November 9th to try and book something.

Do you think I need to call that morning? Is it expected to sell out for the first few months? I'm fine with a lowly inside cabin (especially if Peach comes to visit us on the screen!) We'd like to do a B2B as a 3 or 4 day just isn't long enough for a cruise.

We've been sailing mostly RC and Princess lately, but I'd really like to get back on Disney, it's just been hard to justify the extra money for an older ship but this new ship looks justifiable!

Are there deck plans out anywhere yet? Any cabin suggestions? I tried to 'look up' my old Castaway Cay membership online but I'm guessing since the cruise was 10 years ago it's gone. Do you think if I call they can help me, or does it really even matter?

Would love any help you can offer! Thanks

As far as pricing its anyones guess at this point.Well know for sure in a few days the latest would be Nov 9th.

As far as filling, the first few cruises would prob fill pretty quick, and remain high for a while, especially if they offer deal for the new sailings.

Cabin selections its up to you.Depends on what your preferences and how much you are willling to spend.

Havent found the regular blue printsfor the ship, but found a virtual tour.

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships-activities/ships/dream/

Click on virtual tour then the deck.

as far as you CC number, you still have it. Youd probably have to call Disney and ask for it.They can find it quick. They still have mine from the Magic and Wonders inaugural.

If you are serious about getting onboard for her first sailings, I would prob call or book within the first day or 2. That would guaruntee a spot.

do you know if we have to call in only?

will we be able to book via the website on November 9th?

and what time would the calling centers open ?

thanks!

According to a popular web site the maiden voyage (MV) for 01/26/2011 the lower accommodations has limited availability. Unknown about other accommodations. DCL did get LOTS of bookings that day.

You can either call directly to DCL or you can book online. I personally would call DCL due to their web site keeps on having computer problems. Of course be aware you will be on hold for a while.

DCL phone number is (800) 951-3532 unknown their times of operation.

Good luck in booking your Dream vacation.

Cindy

We booked the Dream for August 16, 2011. We're gold members, allowed to book this past Monday. I think the prices were very good compared to the summer 2010 cruises.

LUVSBLUEDIAMONDS I just want to say welcome to cruise critic.:)

Looks like you booked your "Dream" vacation. I am really glad the prices for are comparable to 2010. I am wondering how the points are going to be!

Cindy

Hi

I am sure that they have your castaway nos.

I have send the quote for 7 April 2011 with dreams as I am silver so have to wait until 9 November.. I don't Know what the price will be...

I keep my finger cross hope not too expensive...

Scottishwee35

I am booking (hopefully) via a travel agent; I assume she will do what I need without me having to wait on hold on the phone all day! I assume this is a wise move?

I have been reading another site where the gold members are posting their pricings. I expect to pay $1000-$1500 per person (2 people per stateroom) for inside staterooms or oceanview staterooms (no balconies in this budget!) for a 5-night "double dip" in late May or early June.

Attached is the Dream deck plan :)

DisneyDreamDeckPlan.jpg.f6d669fffb98cf443fd227b100d967ef.jpg

The points chart for the Dream is available on the DVC website. DVC members can call in starting at 8 a.m. on Monday.

Thanks for the update. Did you notice how low those points were (if you were not going on Jan 26 or Dec 22)? I hope these low points keep low for years to come!

Archived