I am getting on the Triumph no matter what!!!

amethyst08

On November 28th I WILL be getting my happy azz on the Carnival Triumph for 5 days...and you can't stop me! ;) This trip is long overdue. It was rescheduled once because my dad had to have surgery. I had no problem doing that because I love me some daddy. He is all better now and I am grateful to that.

Yesterday, I get home from work and check the mail. There is a big brown envelope addressed to me. It is from United State District Court.:eek: I know this is not what I think it is. I open the big brown envelop...yep, it is what I thought. Jury Duty Summons. :eek:Panic went through me as I begin to read. Where is the date dag-nap-it! Where is it? :confused: Read...read....read...

"You are to report December 7, 2009." WHEW!!! :p

I dodged a big ol bullet!!!

Carnival Triumph...get my warm melting cake ready baby...here I come. See ya!! :D

My sister was summoned to jury duty when she was scheduled to cruise. A quick phone call and fax to the court and the put in the pool for the next time! :D

So I know in GA that if you can prove you have a vacation scheduled and paid for they postpone your jury duty.

I'm glad your dad is better and I KNOW you will have a fun-derful cruise! I can tell by your great attitude that nothing with get you down.

You could have called up to postpone it. I had that happen right before my last cruise and had to get online to ask for a postponement and find out how. First time I was a back up juror, the next time I was moved up to be one of the regular first 100 or whatever they do. Not a back up any more.

That is so funny because I came home last night from my county courthouse that I was being summoned for Jury Duty too :) The good thing is that my summons is for the month of Jan and our cruise doesn't leave until in Feb. I was worried for a little while though

I use to travel a fair amount for work, some of it overseas. Jury duty can almost always be rescheduled if you will not be available or it will cause undue inconvenience. One reschedule can been done by the clerk, for the second change most places make you talk to a judge.

Thanks for the comments about my dad. He has been a real trooper through it all. :D

It is my understanding that Federal Court Jury Duty is harder to get out of then State and local jury duty. :confused: I'm just glad I don't have to stand on the courthopuse step crying. :p

That is so funny because I came home last night from my county courthouse that I was being summoned for Jury Duty too :) The good thing is that my summons is for the month of Jan and our cruise doesn't leave until in Feb. I was worried for a little while though

I had a feeling this was going to happen. A few months ago I had to fill out a survey that came from the US District Court. I told my DH then it would be my luck to be called for jury duty at vacation time. :cool:

Archived