Which nights for specialty restaurants on Pearl

dancergirlmom

Hi folks, I apologize if this has been answered. We're going on a 4 night Pearl cruise on 11/2. I'd like to make the most of each night's dinner and wondered if there are certain nights I should book certain restaurants, or doesn't it matter? Are there any nights I shouldn't miss in the dining room - or am I better off booking specialty restaurants each night? Thanks so much!

It should not make any difference. Some passengers like to check out the Main Dinning rooms' (MDR) menus upon boarding (at the reception desk or in the Buffet area) and make their choices based on the menu items. If there is nothing they like on one night in the MDRs, then they may go to a specialty restaurant.

The menus in the MDRs do change daily (at least currently except on the Dawn), but the menus in the specialties remain the same.

Have a great cruise!!

OP.. the only tip I can give you different than Bakers is that, JMHO, for Teppanyaki and Le Bistro, I would make those reservations on the nights you want that to be your main "entertainment" for the evening. I only say that because Le Bistro is quite a long dining experience (my memory is it was almost two hours and for us Southern folks that is a long time..LOL.. we normally eat dinner then move to the parlor for after dinner drinks, etc). Teppanyaki has limited dining times so you can find out when you can get a reservation for Teppanyaki for that night and plan your other events around that. However be warned that dinner at Teppanyaki often (in our experience) will go over the time you are expecting it to go so make sure your plans are some what flexiable. For instance if they have dining times at 5PM, 7PM and 9PM you would think your dinner would be over by the time the next is scheduled to begin, but that is not always the case.

OK, that clears things up. I feel guilty, but we ate in specialty restaurants every night on the Sky this past May. My favorite was Le Bistro. Very quaint on that ship. I would think any night but the first is best, if you want to partake of the sail away cook out.

Al

Almost impossible to answer. Why?

Some people will do speciality every night.

Some people will do buffet every night.

Some people will do the free Main Dining Room(s) every night.

Some people would never do a speciality.

And of course, most do a mix. And many never do the speciality and have a great time.

And the biggest reason it is hard to answer is that your "mood" for dinner once you board may be way different than it is today. Remember the last time you asked the family "where do you want to eat out tonight?" and the vague response you got? LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Archived