So many different reviews on hotels! MIA

tinkerbell333

If you are arriving late and just want a place to sleep, choose an airport hotel. If you are arriving earlier in the day, want to visit Bayside or other downtown "sights", and maybe see the cruise ships in the AM, choose a downtown hotel like Holiday Inn at POM. If you are arriving early enough and would like to be on the beach, choose a South Beach hotel. Good luck!:)

Have you stayed at HI POM? What are its good and bad points? thanks!

Good point about HI - it is right across the street from Bayside Marketplace which has a lot of shops & kiosks to browse through as well as restaurants to eat at and usually live entertainment in the evenings. Bad point - well not actually bad but the hotel itself is just okay. For about the same price ($3 difference) you could stay at the Intercontinental which is less than a 5 min walk from Bayside but the hotel is far superior 3* versus 5*. Both have a chance at port views from your room to see your ship in the morning. If you would like the info. on how to get the IC for a great price email me (see below) and I will send you the info that I was given by someone here and was able to get a great price.

Good point about HI - it is right across the street from Bayside Marketplace which has a lot of shops & kiosks to browse through as well as restaurants to eat at and usually live entertainment in the evenings. Bad point - well not actually bad but the hotel itself is just okay. For about the same price ($3 difference) you could stay at the Intercontinental which is less than a 5 min walk from Bayside but the hotel is far superior 3* versus 5*. Both have a chance at port views from your room to see your ship in the morning. If you would like the info. on how to get the IC for a great price email me (see below) and I will send you the info that I was given by someone here and was able to get a great price.

I am emailing you also :D Thanks!

i also read the reviews about the Holiday Inn, POM and was hesitant..Especially when the rack price at the time was $225..

but, the wife wanted to stay close to Bayside and sea the ships

in the morning..and we got the HI, POM for $160 bidding on Priceline..

$10 cab to the terminal..

and the hotel was more than we expected..we even got the port view

room i had requested when calling to confirm our reservation..:)

this was perfect for us..we arrived at the hotel a little after 5pm on a thursday..unpacked and headed over to Bubba Gumps at Bayside..we stayed 2 nights and each evening there was something going on at Bayside..good for a short day when all you want is a good dinner, a little hoop-la..then get to bed for the easy cab ride to the terminal..

Just e-mailed you! Thanks in advance!

Have you stayed at HI POM? What are its good and bad points? thanks!

There are many discussions here if you do a forum search.

It is an average older hotel. It overcharges, but cruisers like staying there for the convenience of being across the street from Bayside Mall...a totally touristy outdoor mall with some shops and restaurants. Right on the water. Good for 2 or 3 hours the first time there. There is also a CVS nearby to pick up last min. things.

The HI POM is a 10$ cab ride to the port which is very close by.

If you have lots of the day, I'd stay where you'll feel the true Miami vibe...in the South Beach area.

Just a place to sleep? Stay near the airport and cab it to the port in the morning. Prices will be much lower there.

HI isn't ratty. Just older. Kept clean for sure. And popular. Average 3 star quality rooms.

Intercontinental is a nice business hotel. 4 star and if you can get a rate on a discount site that is manageable, I'd go for it. Much nicer than any hotel in the area.

Hyatt is a Hyatt. Always offers the lowest pricing on the bidding sites. Problem is walking in the area at night. Most use a cab when leaving Bayside in the evening. Daytime is okay.

I am thinking about booking IC or Hyatt downtown precruise, do both have easy walking to shops, inexpensive restaurants? Someone tell me ,if you do a google search to see what local stores and restaurants are close, what specific wording would you key in? :)

I am thinking about booking IC or Hyatt downtown precruise, do both have easy walking to shops, inexpensive restaurants? Someone tell me ,if you do a google search to see what local stores and restaurants are close, what specific wording would you key in? :)

They both are close to Bayside Mall. Google that. They have many restaurants...chains, local and a pretty big food court. Touristy shops.

There is a new CVS right across for the IC.

Hyatt is about a 10 min walk to Bayside. Would use a cab at night, but daytime walking should be safe. Typical Hyatt. If you use Priceline, this hotel always goes for the lowest bids.

Ic is a 5 min walk. It's only a block and a half away. Beautiful business hotel. I'd stay there if the price was good for you.

It's only a $10-12 cab ride to the port in the morning from either.

What is your email? I need this info too. Thanks

Archived