Luggage Tags at Port

southbayer

Be very careful when doing this! On our recent Valor cruise we needed two extra tags, the porters insisted on very quickly writing the cabin number on the tag themselves. I made sure that the cabin number was accurate, because I thought that there easily could be miscommunication. Sure enough, later that day, a suitcase that did not belong to us appeared outside our cabin with one of those lablels with our room number!! My instincts about possible number mixup was validated!

Does anyone if you forget your luggage tags, will the porters at the port provide you some ?

Of course they will, in fact I don't forget mine I intentionally leave them at home to get real tags at the port.

Yes. Real Tags as some *(*()*))..._- --- at Carnival was probably trying top save a few pennies and is now COSTING CARNIVAL MILLIONS !:mad::mad:

When thousands aboard each ship and trip of Vastly Different Cruisers have Vastly Different Printers and just Paper Tags.. won't rain wash off the INKS? and as well make waste of the paper?

How many Luggage Pieces will now be ReLost again and again??

How many Carnival Insurance Luggage Claims will have to be paidout NOW??

*YIKES*

Whom ever thought about this so called..savings did not think of the other sides to it...eh...

Do you put a canoe in the water without a paddle? An airplane in the air without fuel?

A luggage Piece on an Airplane , SHIP and/or CRUISE SHIP with out a Color Coded or plain ... Luggage TAG??:eek:

Real tags?

Yes. Real Tags as some *(*()*))..._- --- at Carnival was probably trying top save a few pennies and is now COSTING CARNIVAL MILLIONS !:mad::mad:

When thousands aboard each ship and trip of Vastly Different Cruisers have Vastly Different Printers and just Paper Tags.. won't rain wash off the INKS? and as well make waste of the paper?

How many Luggage Pieces will now be ReLost again and again??

How many Carnival Insurance Luggage Claims will have to be paidout NOW??

*YIKES*

Whom ever thought about this so called..savings did not think of the other sides to it...eh...

Do you put a canoe in the water without a paddle? An airplane in the air without fuel?

A luggage Piece on an Airplane , SHIP and/or CRUISE SHIP with out a Color Coded or plain ... Luggage TAG??:eek:

It's true. CNN just reported Carnival Corp. has filed for bankruptcy protection due to massive civil lawsuits stemming from this luggage tag fiasco. :rolleyes:

Archived