Help Please!!

Hi Everyone,

I pretty sure I already know the answer to this question but I just want to make sure I was correct.

I just checked and seen a price drop on our sailing and we booked with our travel agent who we cannot reach until Monday and I am afraid that by then the price may go back up. As far as I know when booking with a travel agent they are the only ones who can call and make this changes is that correct?? :confused:

Also if anyone knows a way around this because I want to have this price drop and not loose my travel agent I would really be greatful.

Thank You

no you must wait for your TA to call, you can take a screen shot of the lower price. Are you sure your TA's office is closed on the weekend many are open?

You could put a cabin on hold for the new amount and then transfer to your TA if you are not in penalty. Tell the rep you need until Monday afternoon to ask your boss off from work so you get the longer time and then at least you have A room. this will only work if you are not in penalty, are you?

Thanks for your answers and I am not sure if I'm in penalty. Our cruise isn't until March 2010, so does that mean we would be in penalty??

Also if I did call and book with the cruiseline and got them to hold the rooms I need would I then be able to transfer those held rooms back to my travel agent?

Thank You

Thanks for your answers and I am not sure if I'm in penalty. Our cruise isn't until March 2010, so does that mean we would be in penalty??

Also if I did call and book with the cruiseline and got them to hold the rooms I need would I then be able to transfer those held rooms back to my travel agent?

Thank You

No, you are not in penalty, that starts at 70 days before cruise. (final payment). Yes, as long as no one grabs those rooms your TA will be able to switch them back very easily.

You sure your TA is not open on the weekend.

I've copied and pasted info on price drops, senior/resident discounts, or coupons into an e-mail so my TA sees what I see, and can verify with RCI the new price. That works well for us, as she checks her e-mail on the weekends. :D

Thanks for the answers and I did call and get the rooms held at the discount price but I had to put a deposit down which I did the Rep said that it is 100% refund if we don't book.

But my question now is how do I transfer this booking to my TA and get rid of the old booking??

Thank you for any info anyone can give me.

Thanks for the answers and I did call and get the rooms held at the discount price but I had to put a deposit down which I did the Rep said that it is 100% refund if we don't book.

But my question now is how do I transfer this booking to my TA and get rid of the old booking??

Just a word of caution, while you are not in the penalty period, you TA still could charge you cancellation fees. So before cancelling make sure your TA does not charge you a fee for it.

If the lower price is still in effect when you speak to your travel agent tomorrow, then she will just change your old reservation with the lower price and you can just cancel the booking you made directly with RC. That way you won't have to cancel the original (old ) booking.

Archived