price drop on carnival freedom & they wont let me

spotter27

Have the new price. my is paid off and they say its for new bookings only . This new was has an on board credit 60. p/p. how can they say that? Cant I cancel and re-book? christmas cruise the only think I can think of is its less then 60 days away

Iv never heard that new cruises only?? Maybe its something else. If you are not booked early saver and you are past final payment then you wouldnt be due the OBC for a price drop.

What rate did you book? If its a Christmas cruise then you cant just cancel and rebook. Sounds like a misunderstanding. If you are not early saver rate, then you can look to see if a category above yours would be a comparable price or pay to upgrade to get the OBC deal. ... .. maybe you arent approaching it right is my guess ... but then I dont know the details of what you booked.

I looked at Dec 19, 8 day on Freedom, is that your cruise? I dont see a cash back offer right now.

Im thinking they meant that you would have to book new to get the offer, because you are now locked into the rate you paid and are past final payment ... not that its only good for new bookings ... ask to upgrade if there is a better deal. I dont see a OBC deal.

I did book early savings and I am a past guest.who knows I asked if I can cancel and re-book they said no. I thought because its less then 60 days or I already made final payment.

If you booked Early Saver then you are entitled to the price drop. Did you submit your form for the difference. I have already got $160.00 as OBC from my Early Saver.

Have the new price. my is paid off and they say its for new bookings only . This new was has an on board credit 60. p/p. how can they say that? Cant I cancel and re-book? Christmas cruise the only think I can think of is its less then 60 days away

Did you book through a TA or Carnival. I have been reading many on here that their TA's are coming up with all kinds of excuses not to submit the forms, but if you went through Carnival direct, then just submit the form yourself and also call your PVP and have them put a note on your booking that you have applied for the price drop.

Also if you cancel now you not only lose $250 but also 1/2 of your cabin fare. I would just apply for the Early Saver whenever you see the past guest price drop or if you went through a TA have them do it.

I did book early savings and I am a past guest.who knows I asked if I can cancel and re-book they said no. I thought because its less then 60 days or I already made final payment.

Sounds like a lot of confusion over the fare terms. Early saver the deposit is 100% non refundable at any time after its booked ... doesnt matter if you are before or after final payment.

If you booked direct with Carnival, then you need to submit the form, they dont take phone calls.

Did you book through a TA or Carnival. I have been reading many on here that their TA's are coming up with all kinds of excuses not to submit the forms, but if you went through Carnival direct, then just submit the form yourself and also call your PVP and have them put a note on your booking that you have applied for the price drop.

Also if you cancel now you not only lose $250 but also 1/2 of your cabin fare. I would just apply for the Early Saver whenever you see the past guest price drop or if you went through a TA have them do it.

why would they lose 1/2 the cabin fare? Is that because it's a holiday sailing?

In normal circumstances you don't lose 1/2 until 29 days until your cruise.

I don't know what the penalties for holiday sailings are though.

Bill

Have the new price. my is paid off and they say its for new bookings only . This new was has an on board credit 60. p/p. how can they say that? Cant I cancel and re-book? christmas cruise the only think I can think of is its less then 60 days away

The fare you see may be part of the special Carnival just had and it is true that the fare is good for new bookings only. Carnival has promotions from time to time which cannot be applied to existing reservations. I've run into this situation before.

Canceling and re-booking is not a good financial option.

When I book my cruise several months ago under the ES rate. There was also an OBC offer. Carnival told me that I do not qualify for the offer because the OBC was not combinable with ES.

Promotion valid on:

This promotion is valid on new bookings only. Onboard Credits are not combinable with any other discount or promotional offer. The "cabin rate" is the total of the cruise fare, port charges and government fees for passengers 1 & 2 in the cabin only. Fuel surcharges, hotel, transfers, airfare, insurance and other fare items are excluded. This offer is subject to change without notice.

The fare you see may be part of the special Carnival just had and it is true that the fare is good for new bookings only. Carnival has promotions from time to time which cannot be applied to existing reservations. I've run into this situation before.

Canceling and re-booking is not a good financial option.

Does not matter...........

• What is the price protection assurance feature?

If, after booking, you find a lower Carnival advertised fare, Carnival will honor it, issuing the difference in the form of a non-refundable onboard credit. The lower fare must be: i) for the same ship, sailing, stateroom category and number of guests; ii) available for booking at the time you submit your request for the lower rate; and iii) a rate you are eligible to receive, if special restrictions apply. Price protection will be subject to the prevailing fees and/or fuel supplement if applicable.

Steve

Spotter, are you sure the price has dropped or do you just see the OBC of $60? That happened on my last cruise. They had a "sale" which offered OBC. But what I paid was less than their "sale", so I didn't qualify.

You need to check to see if there are cabins available in the same category you are booked in and see if there is a price difference. If its lower, then you do qualify for OBC. If not, you don't.

Spotter, are you sure the price has dropped or do you just see the OBC of $60? That happened on my last cruise. They had a "sale" which offered OBC. But what I paid was less than their "sale", so I didn't qualify.

You need to check to see if there are cabins available in the same category you are booked in and see if there is a price difference. If its lower, then you do qualify for OBC. If not, you don't.

I think this happens a lot. The way TA sites show it is even more confusing that the rates you see, unless you click thru arent the ones that you get the OBC for.

The Carnival reps are perhaps just not doing a good job of explaining the problem and why you cant get the OBC that is advertised.

Does not matter...........

• What is the price protection assurance feature?

If, after booking, you find a lower Carnival advertised fare, Carnival will honor it, issuing the difference in the form of a non-refundable onboard credit. The lower fare must be: i) for the same ship, sailing, stateroom category and number of guests; ii) available for booking at the time you submit your request for the lower rate; and iii) a rate you are eligible to receive, if special restrictions apply. Price protection will be subject to the prevailing fees and/or fuel supplement if applicable.

Steve

OP says they are ES, so they should be able to get any rate as I also posted above.

Unless you booked early saver, there is no reduction.

If you did book early saver, read the rules.....

It's not unusual for lower fares to be part of a new promotion that applies to new bookings only.

Read the rules on the lower fare.....

Unless you booked early saver' date=' there is no reduction.

If you did book early saver, read the rules.....

It's not unusual for lower fares to be part of a new promotion that applies to new bookings only.

Read the rules on the lower fare.....[/quote']

If they did book early saver, (OP says in their 2nd post they did), then they should get any rate reduction ...

i am trying to soak in all the great info about getting a rebate,obc or upgrade here from all of you, but i am still confused. does the lower rate have too be threw carnival ( who i booked with ) or can i go too any internet site, see a lower price for my cruise and cabin type and get a deal if i send in the form. i know i will have too meet theri requirements but the othe site issue has me confused. thanks for a reply on this for me.

i am trying to soak in all the great info about getting a rebate,obc or upgrade here from all of you, but i am still confused. does the lower rate have too be threw carnival ( who i booked with ) or can i go too any internet site, see a lower price for my cruise and cabin type and get a deal if i send in the form. i know i will have too meet theri requirements but the othe site issue has me confused. thanks for a reply on this for me.

Carnival doesnt allow any TA site to advertise lower rates than they have, so you shouldnt be seeing a lower rate. If you see a lower rate make sure you click thru (someone sent me one, that looked lower until you clicked thru to add on the taxes and fees, and it mysteriously jumped to the same rate Carnival had, even though it looked lower for 3/4th pax until then).

Also if you see a lower rate, make sure you do the advanced search on Carnival, you might be missing a rate you qualify for.

Carnival doesnt allow any TA site to advertise lower rates than they have, so you shouldnt be seeing a lower rate. If you see a lower rate make sure you click thru (someone sent me one, that looked lower until you clicked thru to add on the taxes and fees, and it mysteriously jumped to the same rate Carnival had, even though it looked lower for 3/4th pax until then).

Also if you see a lower rate, make sure you do the advanced search on Carnival, you might be missing a rate you qualify for.

thanks so much. that explains it for me. now i get it.

yes, we booked early saver and i have the senior discount. so far our cruise is only going up in pirce but i am hoping it will start too drop as it gets closer to our sail date. we are 4b and it is no longer on the site for cabins so it must be sold out. i think the spirit out of seattle is going to be really booked alot since it will so much easier to get too seattle for alaska. i love vancouver but seattle is sure going to cut down on the cost of the cruise for us. thanks guys.

Archived