I Have Med.Cruise Posts

Egg

Check you email

Ruffin,

Sounds like a good idea but I do not know how.

Cruzincanuck,

How about doing a copy and past and then post on this thread? If it is too long for one post, you can break it up into sections. That way everyone can get a copy. Certainly would be a direct way to solve the problem.

Ruffin

Ruffin,

I'm technologically challanged, and usually have to rely on people from the Kingdom of Broken Toys - OOPS! - I mean my office's Information Technology Dept.

I will attempt to paste the report onto this thread later tonight . . . maybe we can get it reconstituted onto CC's updated boards for everyone's instant gratification! (And, I'm a bit surprised that given the demand and the number of "hits" on threads offering this (which I understand translates into ad revenue), that CC has not done that on it's own! :confused: ) No offense intended, Hosts! :D

Ruffin,

The document is large to cut and paste onto this message board (76 pages) but it will be a means for all to view.

GATKLT

All the best to you for taking this initiative.

WOW, that seems more like a book! What do you mean about "it will be a means for all to view"?

You might talk with your "techies" about putting it on a web site.

Ruffin

Ruffin,

Yup it's almost a book and it really reads well. The author is a great writer.

What I meant by "it will be a means for all to view" is that GATKLT with her/his techies' help may find a way that everyone can see the report without having to send it by email.

While I would have tried to post the whole review, I have been stalled by an email I received quoting CC's posting policy:

"Copyright Infringements. The posting of large blocks of text obtained from the Internet, online newspapers, web sites, magazines, etc., defeats the purpose of our Cruise Boards. All of this information is available to everyone online, and doesn't add to the idea of sharing firsthand experiences and cruise advice. Also, the majority of information out there is protected by an author's individual copyright. Therefore, we will remove such information from the message boards. "

I don't know that this would apply to re-posting something that was originally put into public view on the same web site, and was removed (to the best of my knowledge) not due to the author's desire not to share it any longer, but simply due to CC updating to new boards and purging all the old messages. I don't want to post something CC will have to remove, or God forbid be accused of a copywrite violation! My DH, who is in management but is also an attorney, would not be amused!!!! :eek:

Host Miriam, what do you think?

Ruffin,

You didn't miss the boat. The review is on its way!

I haven't received anything yet. Is the email too large to send? I think that there is a limit imposed by your email and by mine. Mine is about 7.6 MB per attachment. If you are having a problem contact me by email at rrcinternet@comcast.net.

Thanks,

Ruffin

Archived