Island - Emerald balconies....

cruisinlawn

...at the aft, portside. Anyone have experience? I'm looking at E630 specifically. I know it fully covered but curious is to how the ride is? Any noise from below (Promenade)? This cabin is in area over bathrooms for what looks to be the Bayou and Universal area. Another concern is vibrations and noise from propellers? Another option is to go with other cabins on Baja(B608). The issue with them is a blank space across but moreso are the bumpouts to the rear of this cabin. Don't know how much view we might lose to the aft. We would be bout 40-50 feet forward of the bumps. We'll have 3 cabins total for a full transit if that makes a difference. I realize that Baja would place us 3 decks higher and a little more mid as well. Thanks for any input. I'm probably over analyzing but this could possibly be folks last run and we just want it right. Thanks.

We were in that very stateroom on the Island on a Hawaiian cruise. We had absolutely no problems with it whatsoever. In fact, for our upcoming Panama cruise on the Coral, the sister ship of the Island, we have booked it again and even requested no upgrade if one comes along.

We loved that the balcony was covered. We loved the proximity to the staircases and elevators. (No long treks down narrow hallways!)

Pearl

I am not 100% sure. I have consulted with Bill and he is pretty certain that the balconies of 630 and 632 had access to one another. Sorry I can't be much more help than that. Perhaps others on this board could answer with certainty.

Enjoy your cruise.

Pearl

I am not 100% sure. I have consulted with Bill and he is pretty certain that the balconies of 630 and 632 had access to one another. Sorry I can't be much more help than that. Perhaps others on this board could answer with certainty.

Enjoy your cruise.

Pearl

we're good and you have been most helpful. We're sticking with these and you are correct, along with yourself and others have been Very helpful. Thanks again and enjoy your sailing, I know you will as will we.

• 4 months later...

Archived