Hotel Azul Barcelona and Aerobus

omalley

I am planning a 1-night May 2010 stay (post cruise) in Barcelona for 4 adults/2 children. I am considering the Hotel Azul because its central location and available Quad room (rare in Barcelona). I am also thinking about taking the Aerobus from Placa Espayna to catch a 10 am flight. Hotel Azul is only a couple of minute walk to Placa Espayna.

My concern is catching the bus at 7:00 am to reach the airport. Since the bus originates in Placa Catalunya, I think it may be full when it reaches the Placa Espayna stop and we will not be able to get on. Any one have any experience catching the Aerobus to BCN at a stop after Placa Catalunya?

I am planning a 1-night May 2010 stay (post cruise) in Barcelona for 4 adults/2 children. I am considering the Hotel Azul because its central location and available Quad room (rare in Barcelona). I am also thinking about taking the Aerobus from Placa Espayna to catch a 10 am flight. Hotel Azul is only a couple of minute walk to Placa Espayna.

My concern is catching the bus at 7:00 am to reach the airport. Since the bus originates in Placa Catalunya, I think it may be full when it reaches the Placa Espayna stop and we will not be able to get on. Any one have any experience catching the Aerobus to BCN at a stop after Placa Catalunya?

This picture was taken last May during lunch time at Placa Catalunya:

2009NVOTS50442-vi.jpg

They are waiting for the next bus because they were late but the bus was full and they had no chance to board the bus and had to wait for the next bus.

No idea what happens with the other passengers at the next station.

Regards,

HeinBloed

There's probably a taxi stand at Placa Espanya where you can catch a couple of taxis if the bus is full. Taxis in Barcelona are quite reasonable; you might want to ask at your hotel what the approximate cost is for a taxi van to take you to the airport from the hotel. It may not be that much more than 6 Aerobus fares.

There's probably a taxi stand at Placa Espanya where you can catch a couple of taxis if the bus is full. Taxis in Barcelona are quite reasonable; you might want to ask at your hotel what the approximate cost is for a taxi van to take you to the airport from the hotel. It may not be that much more than 6 Aerobus fares.

Good Idea... generally...

but in Barcelona there are only mini-vans for 4 passengers.

So you will need 2 cars which is more than 6 tickets on the bus...

Regards,

HeinBloed

So you will need 2 cars which is more than 6 tickets on the bus...

Is the bus fare ~ €25 (not sure if children pay the same fare as adults?) If it's that much, I still think I would consider springing for the extra cost of the taxis, considering the convenience of not having to walk to Plaça Espanya, allowing extra time to wait for the bus and possibly the need to catch taxis there if the bus is full. It would be easier to make that decision if the taxi fare was known.

We used the Aerobus and thought it was great, but our circumstances were different from the OP's in that it was just DH and I, and we took it from the airport so didn't have the concern about the bus being too full to accommodate us.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the feedback. At this point, I have booked at the Holdiay Express @ 22 on the northern side of downtown. The lower rate for the two rooms will cover a taxi ride to the airport on the morning we leave.

Omalley

Archived