TownePlace Suites Miami Airport West/Doral Area

beaker38

I reserved this hotel tonight for my March 8th Cruise. I had a hard time finding a hotel that would accept 6 people in one room. Hubby, myself, (2) 21 year-olds and (2) 16 year-olds.... thus everyone in one room. I don't want to lose anyone before we get on the boat! LOL

It is a 2 bedroom suite with queen beds and a sofa sleeper and a living/kitchen area. The photos look nice, looks like there is food places around and it was $150.00 a night after taxes. Not a bad price for 6 people.

I am planning to rent a car to get around in. I have to post a question about it in another thread so I'd appreciate any comments and help I can get.

Thanks,

Becky

I have never been in a room in the Townesuites, but I have seen the lobby and driven by it many times (I work at a military installation in Doral). It appears to be a nice (if undistinguised), recently-costructed airport area hotel. It's a little more distant from the port than most and there is not much in the immediate area of the hotel, but with a rental car you should have no problem. Doral is loaded with chain restaurants. Six in a suite seems like a crowd to me, but I believe you will be pleased with your choice of hotels.

Neil/Miami

you'll have 2 bedrooms, 1 bath, a kitchen and a sofa bed....it will be a little cramped....the sofa bed is supposedly full, but it may be smallish for 2 kids...you'll have 1 bed in each room, the bedrooms are not usually really big (well, one is, one is smaller...)

i haven't been in this TPS but in MANY others....they're pretty nice, and well equipped, but unless this one is set up differently, i would book 2 rooms.....another bathroom would be great...maybe you can get 2 rooms for a similar price...try using AAA if you have it to get a discount....also sign up for marriott's e-breaks emails...they show up the beginning of the week, and aren't for everyplace..BUT you never know......

Archived