Caribbean Princess Christmas cruise - good deal?

JL

I was shopping for Christmas vacation when I noticed Caribbean Princess Christmas cruise is priced well below other comparable sailing especially for balcony and suites. I first thought that's awesome! Then a thought crossed my mind that maybe there is a reason why. Does anyone know the reason why the cruise is priced so low? I searched the forum and noticed the ship suffered some weather last month while crossing Atlantic. Has all the damage been fixed now? Is there any other reason why it's priced low?

I was shopping for Christmas vacation when I noticed Caribbean Princess Christmas cruise is priced well below other comparable sailing especially for balcony and suites. I first thought that's awesome! Then a thought crossed my mind that maybe there is a reason why. Does anyone know the reason why the cruise is priced so low? I searched the forum and noticed the ship suffered some weather last month while crossing Atlantic. Has all the damage been fixed now? Is there any other reason why it's priced low?

Is part of the reason is that it leaves from San Juan?

I'm on the 20 Dec Christmas Cruise on the CB. I noticed the inside cabin rate almost doubled, but that balconies and suites are still cheap. Typically, the most expensive suites dont sell as fast, so folks are often upgraded to them to open up some inside cabins. They do this to maximize passengers and thereby profits on excursions, sales, drinks, etc.

When i signed up for the xmas cruise back in july, i noticed that the new year's cruise date was much more expensive. maybe they figure most people like to be home for christmas but not necessarily for new years?

if you do grab the christmas cruise, please join us on our roll call:

Roll Calls / Princess / Caribbean Princess / 12-20 December Southern Explorer out of San Juan

If you can get a great rate, why not? I think some cruiselines are offering specials on their holiday sailings simply because of the economy. These cruises tend to be higher than the ones before and after as the demand is generally higher. Many families with school-aged children can only take vacations when their kids are out on break. Plus, there's others who can only take their vacations then too.

The ship will be decorated to the hilt. There will be a special menu for Christmas Eve and a party the next day for the kids.

We were on the Hawaiian holiday cruise on the Island Princess back in 2005 and we would like to repeat that one sometime within the next few years.

Come and join our roll call. Pixelator has organized it so far and we have about 60 members!

I believe part of the reason the cruise is so attractively priced is because it goes out of SJU. For those of us on the West Coast, it's a heck of a flight at a time when no one really wants to be flying. SJU cruises tend to be harder to fill than those sailing out of Florida.

Also, you'll notice that Princess ships are MUCH more full than other cruise lines whose prices are higher. Many of them are completely sold out over Christmas and I would expect that this one might too.

I think it has to do with location. In a bad economy, it is cheaper to fly to Ft. Lauderdale than San Juan. It savings can pay for some excursions, etc. That's why I think the Christmas sailing is cheaper in P.R. than FL.

I think it has to do with location. In a bad economy, it is cheaper to fly to Ft. Lauderdale than San Juan. It savings can pay for some excursions, etc. That's why I think the Christmas sailing is cheaper in P.R. than FL.

That's very true. Our two balcony cabins are cheaper than our airfare by hundreds.

Archived