Daft items taken or not as the case maybe

Hi all just a bit bored so thought I would start a silly thread to brighten the day:

What is the daftest item you have packed or not packed as the case may be.

Mine - two feet and one evening shoe not the best combination

A dog bone. I didn't pack it though. I am guessing my dog wanted us to remember her on our cruise!

Hi all just a bit bored so thought I would start a silly thread to brighten the day:

What is the daftest item you have packed or not packed as the case may be.

Mine - two feet and one evening shoe not the best combination

Last cruise: workout clothes. Yeah, like I'm going to the gym ;). My left foot was broken, anyway.

After cruising many times, I found Cruise Critic, where I learned the "MUST HAVE" items that I had not thought of previously. So, I brought duct tape to hold up the shoe organizer that is used to hold all of the other must take along items that I have never needed but the self proclaimed experts say you absolutely must bring in the event of an emergency, like:

Highlighter to mark on the cruise newsletter what you want to do

Zip Lock Bags – different sizes Hefty has a really nice big one for big bottles.

Hangers

Clothes Pins

Power Strip

Extension Cord(2)

Alarm Clock

Night Light

Bathroom Spray

Clorox disinfectant wipes

Landyards

Bar Soap

Personal Items

Small Roll Duct Tape (in case you run out, this spare roll is handy.)

Small Spray Bottle

Walkie Talkies

Binoculars

Rum Runners

Hand Sanitizers – small bottle

Insulated Sports Bottles

Powdered Crystal light or other drink mix

Aloe Vera for Sunburns

Wine opener if you have wine

Plastic Glasses

Plastic Shot Glasses

Locks for your suitcases or those plastic cable zip ties

Ribbon for your suitcase so you can identify them easier at the airport.

Ziploc of detergent and softener sheets if you want to rinse things out in sink.

Folding tote bag or beach bag

Hats or caps

Books, magazines

Magic Bullet

Detergent (small bit to rinse out sticky Magic Bullet)

Kitchen towel

NOTE: The problem with this list is that there is little or no room left in the suitcase for other things like clothes. That is why I use room service so much, since I get in trouble for walking around the ship without wearing any pants.

Plus I never used one of those things...well, except I did at least use the highlighter once. :p;):rolleyes:

Eric

I keep my suit on a hanger with the pants folded on the hanger under the jacket. The last cruise we were on I packed my suit for formal night. On formal night, when I pulled the suit out of the closet, I found out the pants must have slid off the hanger at home before I packed it because all I had on the hanger was the jacket. I got to enjoy dinner wearing navy dockers and a gray suit jacket.

Tim

Actually, I have brought most of those items (except for the drink-related ones) -- and actually used them all!! Love the ziplock bags to pack undies (in case bag is opened by TSA) and then re-use to hold wet swimsuits on last day of cruise... used duct tape to repair torn luggage... always use extension cord (cell phone, camera, laptop, ipod x 2)... alarm clock needed to get up for early tours (cell phone doesn't always work)... lysol wipes for phone, tv remote control, lightswitches (disease prevention, cabin steward can't do EVERYTHING)... aloe vera for sunburns, yup... powdered drink mixes, yup... locks and ribbons for suitcases, yup... don't bother with laundry stuff on RC, though I do pack it for Princess, where they have laundry rooms... hats, magazines, yup... don't bother with Magic Bullet, I have a shaker cup!! (and blender weighs too much)...

Plus I usually fly all-carryon on the airplane, and bring two formal outfits!!

On my very first cruise I forgot to bring shorts! I'm not sure how I did it, seeing as how I was livign in Honolulu at the time, and wore shorts a lot of the time (but not to work)

So, the first morning, we had the lifeboat drill, and boy was I hot!

My "shore excursion" at Kailua-Kona was a trip to the department store!

Aloha,

John

Archived