Adjoining Balcony Cabins?

scubagirl08

The whole partition does not open up. There is a "door" that opens so that you can pass between the balconies, and when open, the partition looks liking having an open door.

Check with your cabin steward(s) to have them unlocked /opened.

We were not able to have the partition between our balconies opened this summer on the Gem. I'm not clear on why it couldn't be opened but the steward told me no. Also, I was surprised to find out that once the door was opened between the two rooms, we couldn't close it again. Consequently, it was as if we were all in one room, with the convenience of two bathrooms.

Below is a picture of our partition on the Gem. As you can see, there is no door handle. The cabin attendant has a key to unlock it. There seem to be various interpretations by different attendants as to when the doors can be opened (hearsay). We have never asked, since we travel by ourselves.

562090927_GemPartition-s.jpg.cd9d9f1486301560fbfaef07dc249db1.jpg

We were not able to have the partition between our balconies opened this summer on the Gem. I'm not clear on why it couldn't be opened but the steward told me no. Also, I was surprised to find out that once the door was opened between the two rooms, we couldn't close it again. Consequently, it was as if we were all in one room, with the convenience of two bathrooms.

I would like to ask a "clarifying question" - we have booked on the Gem- for a 21 day transatlantic cruise- adjoining balcony cabins with good friends. But not good enough that we don't want privacy when dressing and sleeping- did I understand you correctly that should we ask for the door to be open- it can not be shut in the evening or other times? rlb

Yes, that was our experience. The connecting door was locked when we boarded and when I asked to have the door opened I assumed that we would be able to open and close it, as you would in a hotel room. Once the door was opened it was like a swinging door so it was secured in an open position.

Sorry, but I am still confused. Are we talking about the inside connecting doors or the balcony door that has to be secured in an open position. I certainly hope that the inside door can be closed at times. Otherwise we might as well sleep in the living room of the adjacent suite. I hope we are talking about the balcony doors only. We are in a connecting AB-AF on the Pearl planning to put the five kids in the two bedrooms of the suite, us in the AF mini-suite and leaving the living room free.

Thx

I am traveling with 7 of my girlfriend in January on the Pearl ( 4 balcony cabins) and I've been assured by both NCL and my travel agent, who is on the Pearl this week, that the balcony partitions (sp) do open. It's very important to us as we love to have happy hour together on our balconies!

Archived