Hired Driver in Acapulco..HELP!!

itsmecatrina

We will be arriving in Acapulco on Nov 22 on the Carnival Spirit :)

We are thinking about hiring a driver for the day vs paying many taxi drivers

Is there a recommend method to go about it, or should I say a "safe" way to go about it... or should we just check for a van upon arrival at the cruise terminal.

We are a group of 8

Thanks for you help

When we were in Acapulco I didn't feel comfortable just getting off the ship and jumping in with a driver. For a group of 8 I would think you would be better off having arrangements with a driver so you could all be together. There are a ton of tours at the pier, but I wanted to make sure that we had an airconditioned car and driver that we could communicate well with since we don't speak spanish.

We used Sebastian Hernandez last March and had a wonderful time. His english is wonderful and he was willing to customize a tour for us. His e-mail is eskp_rsh@hotmail.com we went to see the cliff divers, saw the flamingo hotel, chapel of peace, Diego Rivera mural and went shopping. I am sure he would be more than happy to arrange whatever you want to do in this beautiful city.

Rudy with Tour By Van has an excellent reputation. google him and you will find him. We plan to use him 2011. I arranged a tour with a large Cruise Critic group on a cruise we later had to cancel. I know the rest of the group is planning on going this February. I can tell you Rudy was excellent to work with.

My wife and I just got off the Spirit and had a great time. We had wonderful weather. We hired Rudy with tour by van to take us around Acapulco. Rudy met us at the pier with a sign that had my name on it and ended up having a driver named Sammy do the acual tour. Sammy did a great job! He spoke good english and recommended places to see, but let us decide what we wanted to do. He took around Acapulco and we saw the cliff divers all traditional tourist areas and Senor Frogs for a quick bite and a beverage. I would highly recommend Rudy he did what he promised me in the e-mail conversations I had with him at a fair price.

We will be arriving in Acapulco on Nov 22 on the Carnival Spirit :)

We are thinking about hiring a driver for the day vs paying many taxi drivers

Is there a recommend method to go about it, or should I say a "safe" way to go about it... or should we just check for a van upon arrival at the cruise terminal.

We are a group of 8

Thanks for you help

Check out the roll call for Nov. 19 Spirit cruise. We got a great bunch of us cruising with you.

Pat

My wife and I just got off the Spirit and had a great time. We had wonderful weather. We hired Rudy with tour by van to take us around Acapulco. Rudy met us at the pier with a sign that had my name on it and ended up having a driver named Sammy do the acual tour. Sammy did a great job! He spoke good english and recommended places to see, but let us decide what we wanted to do. He took around Acapulco and we saw the cliff divers all traditional tourist areas and Senor Frogs for a quick bite and a beverage. I would highly recommend Rudy he did what he promised me in the e-mail conversations I had with him at a fair price.

Glad you had a good time. We will be seeing Rudy in 3 weeks. Cant wait!!

How comfortable are they? Does Rudy "pack em' in? Rudy seems very professional when corresponding by e mail.

By "packing" in, I mean are there seats that fold down?

I am thinking of a tour with Rudy, going out to the Archelogical Ruins. (long ride)

Archived