Yellow fever vaccination

ERJ145

Has anyone that has been on a Panama canal cruise been told to get a Y.F. vacc.? We are sailing from Columbia to Panama, where Columbia has the risk of YF. I am researching, but thinking maybe I should get it just to cover all base. I am a little bit confused by the country requirements and the CDC recomendations.

Has anyone that has been on a Panama canal cruise been told to get a Y.F. vacc.? We are sailing from Columbia to Panama, where Columbia has the risk of YF. I am researching, but thinking maybe I should get it just to cover all base. I am a little bit confused by the country requirements and the CDC recomendations.

I went through the same thing. I checked the CDC and the State Department web sites (http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinations/list.aspx0 and http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis_pa_tw_1168.html). Then I went to our doctor who recommended the yellow fever shot. If we planned to go into the "jungle" he recommended the Malaria pills. We visited Belize, Guatemala, Hondorus and Panama. We got the yellow fever but not the Malaria pills since we weren't going into the "jungle".

Archived