Renting at MIA, returning to FLL?

emen822

We are flying into Miami next April for a cruise that leaves out of Port Everglades. I'm trying to figure out if we should rent a car from Miami or just take a taxi to our hotel for 2 days precruise.

If we rent from the Miami airport and return to the Fort Lauderdale airport, is that going to be a total hassle? I'm not too concerned about the one-way fee (if there is one?). Last year we rented from LAX and returned to LAX which was such a major hassle and not worth the $30 that we saved.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Mary

Should not be a hassel; most major car rental agencies will not charge you a drop fee for renting from MIA to FLL and you are likely to need the car over two days prior to your cruise. Unlike downtown Miami hotels, you should not find parking charges at your FLL hotel unless they offer valet service. Good luck!:)

Both last year and this, we are flying into MIA and sailing from Port Everglades. Last year, we secured a standard-sized car from Enterprise at MIA and returned it to the facility closest to our hotel, and got a free ride back. This year, we are renting from Budget at MIA and returning to a car dealer walking distance to our hotel. No one-way or drop fees for either.

We are flying in 2 days early, renting for only 1 day, using the free hotel shuttle to the pier.

I am flying into Miami and sailing out of FLL. I have booked a car with Budget collecting from Miami and returning to FLL the next day at their depot on SE17th St (1515). We are staying overnight at the Rennaiscance which is one block away. I will return the car, walk back to the hotel and then take a taxi to Port Everglades. The car was about $25, a taxi is about $80.

Can you confirm the taxi cost of $80 from the drop off to the Cruise Terminal.

I was told it is only $14.00 - quite a big difference.

I rented a car from Miami, originally dropping it off at Ft. Lauderdale airport. Then they said there was a closer location near the cruise terminal, which would cust only $14.00

Can you confirm the taxi cost of $80 from the drop off to the Cruise Terminal.

I was told it is only $14.00 - quite a big difference.

I rented a car from Miami, originally dropping it off at Ft. Lauderdale airport. Then they said there was a closer location near the cruise terminal, which would cust only $14.00

I believe Grandma Gilly was saying to take a taxi from MIA to Fort Lauderdale would be $80 and renting a car for the day was $25.

$14 is probably the quote you received to take a taxi from the car rental place in Fort Lauderdale to Port Everglades cruise terminal.

Hope that makes sense. (Or maybe I got it wrong? :confused:)

Archived