Veendam

furluvcats

We just had about the most perfect cruise on the Veendam 10/24-10/31. I honestly can't think of a single complaint. The entertainment aboard was the best I have seen at sea. The headliners are from Broadway...and the shows are not to be missed. The Piano Bar entertainment was so fun! David James was amazing and brought a certain light and life to the ship and definitely enhanced our cruise, as did the fine folks who joined us nightly around his piano.

The ship was wonderful, stateroom was always perfect, perfect temp. etc...

The food was far superior to what we have experienced on other cruiselines. I can't imagine being happy with the food when we sail another line now...

Not so many people dressed truly formal, which was a surprise...I almost felt over dressed on formal nights...

Service was understated, yet everything was always done for you before you could ask...

I have never been able to tout :a perfect cruise" but in this case let me say it again...HAL just gave me "THE PERFECT CRUISE".

The spa was nice...did the seaweed wrap...

The Retreat was closed for refurb or repairs...would have loved to untilize that area, but the one day I used the pool it was just fine.

There were complaints on minor things from other passengers, but not for us!

Isn't it wonderful when things work out? I haven't experienced the new format in the show lounge yet, but I expect I will like it even better than the original.

I've always found the Veendam to be a well-run ship.

We spent 17 days on the Veendam in May and thought it great! Those four musicians were terrific and always enjoy the string groups in the Explorer's Lounge. Just came off the Zuiderdam which was lovely but they did not have the outstanding entertainment except the string quartet. Great as usual.

Archived