Booking While on a Cruise??

conchead

Hey yall, I am kinda new here but I have been here long enough to know

that there are many that should be able to help with this question.

We have a cruise on the Triumph booked in January and/but we are wanting to book another in July.

On our last cruise (my first, now I am hooked) they were booking cruises onboard and there is supposed

to be a good discount to do so while you are cruising. My question is, how good of a deal can you get?

Is it a better deal than ES?

Also, a 2nd Question..I was wondering if there are many kids on a late Jan cruise?

I kinda doubt it with school, but there are now so many kids home schooling and different situations, you just never know.

I don't have a problem with kids, my son was on my first cruise (during spring break) so there were so MANY kids there.

Actually my son knew about 20 from his school. Thanks in advance for your help.:)

Triumph isnt one of the 5 ships that have a next cruise desk, so unfortunately, you wouldnt be able to purchase a cruise online that will be any better than if you used a PVP.

The five ships are 4 conquest class and splendor that sell them, not even every conquest class has a future cruise desk.

There is no discount to booking onboard, you get OBC, onboard credit which applies to your S&S card spending when you are actully on your cruise. ... depending on the length of your cruise how much OBC.

Triumph isnt one of the 5 ships that have a next cruise desk, so unfortunately, you wouldnt be able to purchase a cruise online that will be any better than if you used a PVP.

The five ships are 4 conquest class and splendor that sell them, not even every conquest class has a future cruise desk.

There is no discount to booking onboard, you get OBC, onboard credit which applies to your S&S card spending when you are actully on your cruise. ... depending on the length of your cruise how much OBC.

ok, but I sure thought I heard an anouncement about it. I even asked my wife tonight and she said she thought she remembered the same.

Well that would be 79 days from now anyway(yippee) so, I think we will go ahead and book soon. Who knows..maybe some OBC with a price drop,

I can always wish.:)

Im going to be on the Triumph in less than a month. I will look, but everyone who posts here says Triumph does not have a future cruise desk ... I will see with my own eyes ... soon :D

I have 4 more of the future cruise certs I bought on Conquest ... so I dont need any more myself.

Im going to be on the Triumph in less than a month. I will look, but everyone who posts here says Triumph does not have a future cruise desk ... I will see with my own eyes ... soon :D

quote]

Cool, I hope you have a great trip, and let me know what you find out.

Thanks

quote]

Cool, I hope you have a great trip, and let me know what you find out.

Thanks

Iv talked to many people who did Triumph while it was in the NE who said Triumph doesnt have a future cruise desk.

Others say only 5 ships have it, Conquest being the oldest, Splendor being the newest. I would think Glory would have it since it is newer than Conquest but it isnt one of the 4 Conquest class plus Splendor class that has it.

If 10 people have posted Triumph doesnt have it .... Im going with that. lol. Luckily I dont need more since I have 4 and will be on Conquest next Sept. again.

Most of my booked cruises have the Welcome Back credits, which are gone now, and they were not combinable with the future cruise credit which hasnt been rolled out that long. So Iv only gotten to use two of the certs ...

Who knows why Carnival doesnt have it on more ships ... it isnt on the new Dream John posted on his blog .. that surprised me.

We just got back from the Glory and they did not have a future cruise desk, but I asked at the pursar's. They said there is no discount anymore due to the early saver rates. Even past guest rates aren't lower according to my PVP. They also did not offer us any OBC either. I was greatly disappointed by this. We always cruise in Oct. and there were only about 400 kids onboard. I would guess January would be about the same, maybe even less since it is right after their winter break. Have a great time!

Archived