Day 5 Video - ROUGH SEAS

Tyron

It looks like the Oasis is handling the rough seas very well. I was concerned about the high profile and effects of wind, but it looks good so far.

Eric

I agree...especially since the crew is still able to work and rehearse says a lot!!! :cool::D

Many years ago I was on a cruise that hit a storm off NC and nothing stayed in place. Don't know how that storm compares to what Oasis is in but I'm impressed. To see the guy on the bridge with the binoculars and he is not swaying and the dinner table rock steady says the ship can take what the ocean has to dish out.

Is it just me or did Capt Wright look like he was lacking a bit of sleep...lolol

I thought the same thing...he looked a little rough. Royal Caribbean needs to use him in their commercials though..at least for voice overs...he has the most lovely deep voice.

Deb

Is it just me or did Capt Wright look like he was lacking a bit of sleep...lolol

I actually thought he was looking a little better in today's video. Did you see him the night of the Great Belt Bridge passage? Now he was looking rougher than the Atlantic that night. ;)

Hey Steve! :cool::)

That ship appears to be remarkably stable under those conditions....did u notice the glasses on that table were not moving one bit. :D

In the words of the immortal Darth Vader, "Impressive...most impressive!" :cool: :D

I thought the same thing...he looked a little rough. Royal Caribbean needs to use him in their commercials though..at least for voice overs...he has the most lovely deep voice.

Deb

That's funny you guys should say that as I was thinking the same thing when I saw the video this morning. Although what came to my mind first was hmmm . . . I wonder if he's been to vintages! :eek:

I, too, think he has the greatest voice. I do love to hear him speak. He always speaks and looks so cool, calm and collected.

True, but I would have rather seen them right side up, filled with ice water. :eek:

The fact that they weren't filled with water and

stacked really shows the stability of the ship...especially after looking out the window and seeing those waves.:eek::D

I absolutely agree with you all about Capt Wright's voice !!

He has a very calm tone - don't know how he can do that with the sight of those massive waves behind him :eek: :eek: :eek:......

Hope He will still be in charge next April !!!!!!!

And I liked the video of rehearsals for Hairspray that followed:D

Had the pleasure of meeting Captain Bill on the inaugural of Freedom. He is a very classy and generous man. He spent over an hour at our Meet & Mingle and was a good sport too... love my photos of him with a pink boa:)

Loved what i seen of the video but I couldn't hear the voice it was very skippy when i viewed it. does anyone know how i could fix that would love to hear it.

Are you viewing the videos with Internet Explorer or with Firefox? I found that it was indeed "skippy" if I used IE, however the videos work fine when I view them using Firefox. :)

Loved what i seen of the video but I couldn't hear the voice it was very skippy when i viewed it. does anyone know how i could fix that would love to hear it.

Thanks for posting that site......has having the same problem with all of the videos at the RC Oasis site......didn't think to go to YouTube....DUH :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/user/royalcaribbeanoasis

Archived