Hotel Info Needed for Tampa,FL

Cruisin'BusyBee

Hi to all - hope some of u can help me w/hotel info. I will be sailing out of Tampa in June '10 and not familar w/hotels in this port. I would very much like to stay somewhere not too far from airport or the pier (Carnival Legend). Can anyone suggest to me some hotels that would also have shuttle service from airport to hotel, from hotel to pier (that would be my preference). What are average cab fees? Thanks so much. :)

Also, can anyone tell me where the pier is located for Carnival?

C/BB

We are staying at the Chase Suites at Rocky Port .They will come pick you up at the airport,take you to the cruise port and then take you back to the airport when you return.They also have free breakfast.They also took us places we wanted to go within several miles of the hotel.

A cab to the port is not to much and in some case you can walk to the port. The closest hotel I can think of is the Hyatt, Sheraton, or the Marriott.. My suggestion is use hotwire to book the hotel. a three star in downtown is only $59.99 a night.

Hi to all - hope some of u can help me w/hotel info. I will be sailing out of Tampa in June '10 and not familar w/hotels in this port. I would very much like to stay somewhere not too far from airport or the pier (Carnival Legend). Can anyone suggest to me some hotels that would also have shuttle service from airport to hotel' date=' from hotel to pier (that would be my preference). What are average cab fees? Thanks so much. :)

C/BB[/quote']

I got a lot of my information from the North American home port threads on these boards. But we are staying at Holiday Inn Express Rocky Point. It is 15 or so minutes from the port and they have a Cruise n Stay package. that gets you shuttles to and from the airport and cruise port and you can park your car on site for 14 days.. Check out the threads they were very helpful!!;) Good luck!!

Hi to all - hope some of u can help me w/hotel info. I will be sailing out of Tampa in June '10 and not familar w/hotels in this port. I would very much like to stay somewhere not too far from airport or the pier (Carnival Legend). Can anyone suggest to me some hotels that would also have shuttle service from airport to hotel' date=' from hotel to pier (that would be my preference). What are average cab fees? Thanks so much. :)

C/BB[/quote']

Tampa is a wonderful port. I really like it and the Legend, as you can tell by my signature :)

I like either the Courtyard by Marriott downtown or the Residence Inn downtown. They actually share a pool and a local shuttle (within 2 miles). The only difference is slightly different rooms and the Residence Inn includes breakfast. It's a good continental breakfast with the usual plus some extras like an oatmeal bar, fruit parfait bar, eggs, etc. The restuarant in the Courtyard has an awesome bacon cheeseburger though and you can eat in that restuarant regardless of where you stay! They don't have a shuttle to the airport but the taxi fare is about 20 dollars. The Courtyard is usually about 10 or 20 dollars less than the Residence Inn.

The pier that the Legend docks at is near Channelside in downtown Tampa. The port is actually right across a cul de sac from the Florida Aquarium and there is also a coffee shop nearby.

C/BB[/quote']

Here's a link to the Florida departures board on CC. You'll find lots of Tampa hotel info here if you scroll through the pages.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

I got a lot of my information from the North American home port threads on these boards. But we are staying at Holiday Inn Express Rocky Point. It is 15 or so minutes from the port and they have a Cruise n Stay package. that gets you shuttles to and from the airport and cruise port and you can park your car on site for 14 days.. Check out the threads they were very helpful!!;) Good luck!!

Rockey Point is on the other side of town, it's a great area but there are far closer hotels then this one to the port.

We are staying at the Chase Suites at Rocky Port .They will come pick you up at the airport,take you to the cruise port and then take you back to the airport when you return.They also have free breakfast.They also took us places we wanted to go within several miles of the hotel.

Sounds nice, thanks for the suggestion!

We stayed at the Sheraton River Walk. We thought it was real nice. Its about a mile and half away, plus they have a van that will take you to any where locally. There are pictures in my Legend trip report.

We just got back and stayed at the Howard Johnson Plaza. It was a nice hotel with good prices. they have a free shuttle that will take you where you need to go. :)

can you tell me if the hotel is within walking distance of the pier? and if the shuttle can fit 4 couples plus luggage?

We have stayed at the Embassy Suites downtown a couple of times, which is very near Channelside/port. You can ride the trolley to go around and see some sights the night before (picks up right in front of the hotel). We used a shuttle service to take us over to the port on the morning of our cruise. I believe the shuttle service was called "Blue One". It was very cheap for our family of four to take the quick quarter mile ride over to the port. The Embassy Suites is nice, clean, and has a really good free hot breakfast the next morning. I like Embassy Suites when traveling with the family because the kids can be in a different "room" at night without having to pay for two rooms.

jj

We stayed at the Rocky Point Holiday Inn Express prior to our Legend cruise (fantastic trip; be sure to use Moby Dick in the Cayman Islands for the stingray city excursion) in March 2009.

If you have no rental car, this place is remote! It is picturesque but travel is a problem. There is only one nearby hotel with a restaurant inside it (and you know what they say about hotel-restaurant food!), no fast food within walking distance, and if you cross a busy, busy road, you get to a mid-price Crabby Bill's (or something such) and then farther down a road, The Rusty Pelican (saw a beautiful sundown wedding taking place there). There wasn't even a c-store nearby.

Without a car, you might get very hungry at lunch and dinner times! We ended up eating a cheap delivery pizza for supper. And you certainly will not get to a discount store for your bottled water, forgotten sunscreen or whatever else.

On the plus side, the hotel provided Internet with a printer (which we used to book at Hotel Indigo for the return side of our cruise) and a good breakfast. Rooms were standard HIE. Pool-view rooms are scenic and the lit traffic at night is pretty. Parking lot rooms have depressing views.

can you tell me if the hotel is within walking distance of the pier? and if the shuttle can fit 4 couples plus luggage?

It is not within walking distance, but the free shuttle can fit 4 couples and luggage. It will also take you to ChannelSide for free.. :)

I stayed at Chase Suites a few weeks ago and was quite pleased with my stay. Here are a few pics.

3ChaseSuitesPre-Cruise.jpg

4ChaseSuitesPre-Cruise.jpg

2ChaseSuitesPre-Cruise.jpg

1ChaseSuitesPre-Cruise.jpg

We stayed at the Hampton Inn Westshore. We did the park & cruise, but I know they also offer airport shuttles.

Keep in mind that they only offer a shuttle to the port. When your cruise is over, you need to take a cab back, or to the airport. (about $25)

We paid $89/night

We have stayed in the Hampton Inn in Ybor--We have herd the area is not safe at night now like it used to be from some friends that live there.Fun place to visit in the day.(it was kinda noisey though --we could here people out side-but the room was nice )We went out and had a blast at night back in 07 but have herd different since.

We also have stayed at the Shearton River side--VERY NICE and free shuttle with trolley in front of building that will take you to Ybor.--But none of these are walking distance to the port.

We leave next week and are staying at the Hyatt downtown.Hope this helped.

• 2 weeks later...
I've stayed twice at the Hampton Inn located in Ybor City. It's close enough to see the top of the shop in port. They are reasonable, $70.00 last month, provide shuttle service, free breakfast, pool, gym room & free internet

Just wondering how the surrounding area is around this Hampton Inn Ybor City?

Archived